C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Radiator installation

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 04:58 PM
CF6873
Melting Slicks

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Default Radiator installation

I'm getting ready to put the radiator in the 73 and I remember seeing that it is best to assemble the rad to the rad support and install together. Should I also install the A/C condenser to the support prior to putting it in the car? How about the shroud? before or after the radiator is in the car? Can this assembly be installed from the bottom or must it go in from the top? Thanks for your help. Craig :chevy
Old 01-05-2002, 07:47 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: Radiator installation (CF6873)

Stock shroud must go in before the radiator.

Have never given any thought to putting the stuff in from the bottom. Don't see how that would work tho..... lots and lots of stuff in the way, easier to get in with hood and front tires (easier to get at the core support bolts) removed.

[Modified by KenSny, 6:50 PM 1/5/2002]
Old 01-05-2002, 08:59 PM
Vader953
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Radiator installation (KenSny)

CF,

Just put a new radiator in my 78 about 6 months ago. Even though we have diff. years, the setups are the same. Trust me, it is easier to go ahead and insert, BUT NOT BOLT, the rad. support in first. Then slide the radiator in, then bolt in the support to the wheel wells, then bolt the support to the radiator.

Let me know if you have any questions. I'm not a genious mechanic, and this was probably the most difficult thing I've ever done (by myself), just my 2 cents.

Taylor

Get notified of new replies

To Radiator installation

Quick Reply: Radiator installation