C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Anyone have the KwikLift?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2002, 12:35 PM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Anyone have the KwikLift?

Was thinking about getting one, and thought I would check to see what you felt about them. Dont have the room for a post lift, but this would make life easier for an ole fat man trying to work under my vette and this damn s15 project I have...

Old 01-05-2002, 04:21 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Anyone have the KwikLift? (SprintCarDriver)

Interested in hearing as well, with prices of $995 - $1295 US it seems like a good deal IMHO.

[Modified by gdh, 3:25 PM 1/5/2002]
Old 01-05-2002, 04:24 PM
Casper
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Anyone have the KwikLift? (gdh)

I don't have one but I've seen quite a few of them at car shows and such. Their made here in OK. at least they used to be. Well made, very strudy!
Old 01-05-2002, 07:58 PM
DaBo
Safety Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

http://www.kwiklift.com

Yes there are made in Broken Arrow, OK.

They are a real nice unit, and the guys at Kwiklift are very easy to deal with.
I don't have one (yet) but given the fact that I don't have room for a regular lift, they are first on my list.

We gave one away at our last car show, and had a very positive response. One of the Kwiklift guys was there all day to demonstrate and explain options and features.

DaBo
76 Moodvette
62 Roman Red

[Modified by DaBo, 12:00 AM 1/6/2002]
Old 01-05-2002, 09:31 PM
GTR1999
Tech Contributor

Received 2,617 Likes on 1,338 Posts

I have one that i bought used last year. It is in great ocndition and the cost was about $600 less then new not incl shipping. Danny is the guy at Kwiklift and he's a good guy. If I didn't find a used one I would have bought a new one. The only thing I wish it would do easily is be able to remove the wheels for brake suspension work. I have used it to pull exhaust and install, clean under it, and drive 1/2 way up to work on the engine. It's great to wax the car on too. You have to get a good floor jack that's low. I think I have the first design because the jacks I had didn't fit under the rear jack bar. I also have to keep the cross bridge bolted up front to eliminate flex/movement when I drive up on it. For rear end removal, suspension and brake work I still have to use jack stands, which flex the body too much-compared to the Kwiklift. When I was looking I saw a couple of used ones around from people who moved on to something else. They ranged in price from $700- $1,000. You'll need help and full size truck to pick them up.
Gary
Old 01-06-2002, 11:17 AM
56chev
Instructor

Default Re: Anyone have the KwikLift? (gtr1999)

sprintcardriver
i have one of the kwiklifts. it has been great for me.
we have 10 cars and trucks, so we use it for a litle bit of everything.

i'm not sure what gtr19999 means about flexing and moving. mines as solid as a rock.
Old 01-06-2002, 11:35 AM
sweet73
Instructor

This is a great post. I have been interested in something to get my vette up in the air as well. That cold concrete up here in Canada is hard on the old back. Also, as I have a 2 car garage and 3 cars I would like something that would alow me to get the 3 cars in the garage. What is out there and what requirements (height) are required to use these items?
Old 01-06-2002, 12:34 PM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Default Re: Anyone have the KwikLift? (56chev)

Everything I have seen and heard says the same thing that is being posted here. The product looks good and safer than the stands... Thanks to all the replied, looks like I will pick one up here real quick..

Get notified of new replies

To Anyone have the KwikLift?

Quick Reply: Anyone have the KwikLift?