Car Care Discussion Car Detailing Info, Wax, Wheel Polish, Interior Cleaning Tips for the Corvette

NXT 2.0, Zaino, or Rejex?

Search this Thread

Old 09-05-2008, 08:24 PM
reidry
Burning Brakes

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Default NXT 2.0, Zaino, or Rejex?

Just bought a 2009 Z06 in Cyber Grey.

I've used Zaino in the past on another vehicle and have a small amount on hand, I've read good things about NXT 2.0 and Rejex. Some folks claim Rejex is the ultimate answer to love bugs - the only answer I know to love bugs is to clean the little buggers off religiously!

The Z is a 3rd car so it doesn't get drivin a bunch, so I have time to clean it after a ride.

I like the idea of buying products locally rather than ordering and paying shipping. I also like durability in a finish.

I was using Zaino on my Silverado SS and it had good durability lasting 6 weeks to 2 months. According to threads on the forum, to remove Zaino completely requires using Denatured Alcohol - however they also have Z-PC which allows polishing through Zaino finishes with just a wash and dry.

Rejex sounds like it lasts even longer however it also sounds like it is not truely suited to delivering a show quality shine year after year. I have read that some folks find the surface hardness to be difficult to deal with in the case of micro scratches or swirl marks - is this true? Can Rejex be removed or polished through in the case that true buffer polishing is required?

NXT 2.0 appears to be a "softer" consumer product. I have read excellent experiences on Crimson Red Metallic which is why I was thinking it would bring out the two metal-flakes in my Cyber Grey. What is the real durability of this finish? Can it be completely removed with Dawn for polishing or does it require something more drastic?

I'm ready to wash and protect my new car, any advice is greatly appreciated.

Ryan
Cocoa, FL
Old 09-06-2008, 12:07 AM
JoshVette
Le Mans Master

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

This is just my personal opinion based on my experiences.

BUUUUUT......

I've used NXT 2, it looks great but didn't last longer then two washes. Yours being a garage queen I'm sure it would last longer but still not going to get the long lasting shine your car deserves....

Rejex is a good long lasting sealant, lasted me about 4-5 months on my wifes DD which is garaged at night but it doesn't have that wet mirror gloss that I like, has a more plasticy look.....

Zaino lasts as long as the Rejex for sure and keeps the wet glossy look that I like so my vote is for the Zaino.

Josh
Old 09-06-2008, 06:44 AM
CB1953
Safety Car

Received 23 Likes on 17 Posts

I'm like a lot of others here....my vote goes to Zaino. I have tried everything at one time or another, including Rejex, and there is nothing better for me. My 06 LMB Z has 53k miles and people see the finish on it and think it is brand new. It has had Zaino since day one.

CB
Old 09-06-2008, 09:23 AM
capevettes
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4,565 Likes on 2,164 Posts
2023 C3 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
2021 C8 of the Year Finalist Unmodified
2020 Corvette of the Year Finalist (performance mods)
2019 C1 of Year Winner (performance mods)
2017 Corvette of the Year Finalist
2016 C2 of Year
2015 C3 of Year Finalist

Another vote for Zaino here. I have tried the others and they don't have the durability or the shine that Zaino does IMO. Try the Zaino in this order:

Z6-ZAIO-Z5-Z2-Clear Sealant-Z8 finish. If you want less effort you can just use the All In One., but that sequence gives great results. Then you can just maintain it with Z6 and Z8 between full details.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:33 AM
rws.1
Race Director

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Among those 3 Rejex wins as best performance/price ratio hands down...

If cost does not matter (within reason) Zaino slightly edges out Rejex in my opinion...If cost does not matter at all... then use Zymol Vintage
$2184.00 for 22 oz...

http://www.zymol.com/zymolvintageglaze22oz.aspx
Old 09-06-2008, 10:04 AM
dvilin
Team Owner

Received 7,931 Likes on 4,811 Posts

If you want a product that is going to give you that wet look, is easy to apply and remove, plus you can go to your local store and purchase it then NXT 2.0 is what you want. Yes its durability is not as great as Rejex or Zaino but your finish will "Pop" with it and it is no big deal to apply a few times a year.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:12 AM
TBIRD57
Race Director

Received 235 Likes on 178 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
If you want a product that is going to give you that wet look, is easy to apply and remove, plus you can go to your local store and purchase it then NXT 2.0 is what you want. Yes its durability is not as great as Rejex or Zaino but your finish will "Pop" with it and it is no big deal to apply a few times a year.
Old 09-06-2008, 10:52 AM
JVM225
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

Better is subjective.
I prefer the deeper warmer shine that a paste wax provides on darker colors. I think the polymer sealants are a better choice for lighter and more neutral colors.
Old 09-06-2008, 08:26 PM
agentf1
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '10

Zaino wins hands down in my book. It is more durable than Rejex, does not require that lengthy curing period, does not stain trim like Rejex and looks better also IMHO. Not sure if I would use Z2p or Z5p on CG though. I guess you could go either way.
Old 09-06-2008, 09:37 PM
03 Z-oh-6
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I've never used Zaino.

NXT 2.0 provides a great shine, but doesn't offer the protection like paint sealants. I've used it.

Rejex is a good paint sealant, but I like Wolfgang Paint Sealant 3.0 better(autogeek sells it). I've used them both.

I would suggest claying the car, yes, even if it's new. No need for polishing. Then apply a pain sealant, let it cure for 12 hours, then a quality wax on top of that(P21S Concours, Fuzion, etc...) for a great shine!

Last edited by 03 Z-oh-6; 09-06-2008 at 09:40 PM.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:09 AM
mojo1
Team Owner

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15, '19

Zaino.
Old 09-08-2008, 09:02 AM
Sleper
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Personally I would stay away from the NXT as it does not last.

I have not used Rejex but is sounds good

I have used Zaino and I know it works well, easy to use and lasts.

Your personal choice.

My $0.02
Old 09-08-2008, 09:42 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Zaino
Rejex
NXT a very distant third.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:01 PM
BlueV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by agentf1
Zaino wins hands down in my book. It is more durable than Rejex, does not require that lengthy curing period, does not stain trim like Rejex .
+1. Exactly how I feel after using both products.

Zaino long lasting protection, good looks, ease of use, and ease of upkeep has my vote hands down.
Old 09-08-2008, 12:45 PM
jeremyttt
Burning Brakes

I am currently using rejex on my pewter vette and loving it. Not sure if its just the color or prep to the car but ever since the rejexs it has a great wet look. I was just alittle skepitcal trying out the rejex with it being my first paint selant but it truely came through. I applied rejex back in May and its still as soft as ever and beeding up like a dream. My car is a daily driver and is never in the garage. Living in Tampa Florida my vette pretty much incounters rain almost every day and the rejex is still holding up strong 4 months later.
Old 09-08-2008, 08:49 PM
maxp
Safety Car

Received 34 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by dvilin
Old 09-09-2008, 12:23 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

I use Zaino on my Z06 and NXT 2.0 on my wifes BMW 335i. The Zaino was applied in late April, and my car stays outdoors all the time. I wash it every week to ten days depending on weather and I also add layers of Z2 and Z5 with Z6 and Z8 in between layers about once a month. Let me tell you, the cars stays ultra sharp even when dirty. You can see the reflections and brightness at all times. And when I wash it, it looks like I just spent all day waxing. I love the durability of Zaino.
The BMW I decided to try the Meguires because frankly the Zaino is a pain in the *** to do from the beginning to end. When I first did my Z06 it tool me 2 days to do it. I wasnt about to do that again. Anyway, the NXT 2.0 is very easy to apply and remove. The car looks fantastic after 2 coats. Very deep,wet look. Water beads off nicely too. Here are some pics of the two:

Get notified of new replies

To NXT 2.0, Zaino, or Rejex?

Old 09-10-2008, 12:10 PM
123Gone
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Zaino does not have to be a PITA anymore.

Very Good Shine:
Z-AIO, Z-CS, Z-8 Your good for a year.

Very Very Good Shine:
Z-AIO, Z-6, Z-2, Z-6, Z-CS, Z-8

Keep in mind that with Z-6, Z-CS, and Z-8, just wipe some on with and there's no buffing off.

Last edited by 123Gone; 09-10-2008 at 12:13 PM.
Old 09-10-2008, 12:41 PM
Scuba Ghost
Team Owner

Received 402 Likes on 283 Posts
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17-'18-'19-'20-'21-'22-'23

RejeX
Old 09-10-2008, 01:14 PM
BlueV
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

(Copied over from the Zainostore web site).

It might be easier to read via the link: http://www.zainostore.com/Merchant2/...Code=YOUCHOOSE

Zaino Extreme Simplified

YOU CHOOSE your surface preparation:
After thoroughly washing your vehicle, feel your paint and look at it closely.
Even on brand new cars, if your paint isn’t smooth, use Z-18 to repair the contaminated rough surfaces.
If the paint looks dull, scratched or swirled, use Z-PC to correct the surface.
Clean the surface further to setup the best conditions with Z-AIO, or use Z-AIO by itself.
YOU CHOOSE your Zaino foundation:
Z-AIO or ZFX is a mandatory part of the Zaino system. You can either use Z-AIO or ZFX as the base to the Zaino system. Z-AIO or ZFX must be used as an initial base and every 6 months on street driven cars or once a year on show cars. To apply multiple coats of Zaino in one day, use ZFX.

YOU CHOOSE your Zaino shine:
For lighter colored vehicles, use Z-2 PRO to brighten the color with greater optics.
Use Z-3 in place of Z-2 for old cars with single stage paints or non-clearcoated vehicles.
For dark colored vehicles, use Z-5 PRO to deepen the color. Also use Z-5 PRO to minimize appearance of light swirls.
To apply multiple coats of Zaino in one day, you must use ZFX.
To extend gloss and protection further, use Z-CS on top of Z-AIO, Z-2, Z-5 or by itself.

YOU CHOOSE your maintenance:
Wash your car using Z-7 car wash.
For quick cleanup between washings, use Z-6 Gloss Enhancing Detail Spray.
For a boost in gloss and durability after every wash, use Z-8 Grand Finale.

YOU CHOOSE interior & exterior products:
For leather cleaning & conditioning, choose Z-9 and Z-10.
To polish exterior water spots, stains, or wiper trails on glass, use Z-12.
To polish scratches and swirls in plastic lenses, use Z-14.
For a lasting satin finish on clean tires, use Z-16.

Quick Reply: NXT 2.0, Zaino, or Rejex?