C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3?

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 03:05 PM
TedH
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 66 Likes on 53 Posts

Default What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3?

I ordered a pair of trans fluid lines for the new 700R4 that I installed in my '80 C3. Besides perhaps dropping the right exhaust manifold/pipe and removing the old lines, are there any other considerations? Starter? I need to get at the lines at the radiator and that may require removal of the fan and shroud.

Suggestions/tips welcome. I'm having to 'rough it' with the C3 and my motorcycle as the C5 is waiting snug in my Dad's garage for my return to Ohio in the Spring. :D
Old 01-04-2002, 03:22 PM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3? (TedH)

Look for a nice tubing bender that won't kink the lines. That's about all i can think of. Besides that the lines are a royal pain in the you know what.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:12 PM
Easy Mike
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1,469 Likes on 1,248 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3? (TedH)

Major PITA. The OEM lines were installed before body drop. That means you could get to them at the tranny and at the radiator. Neither is easy with the body on. Good Luck.
:)

Get notified of new replies

To What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3?

Quick Reply: What preparation is needed to install new Trans Lines in a C3?