C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2002, 02:40 PM
Sting Raycin
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!!

I come home yesterday evening to find plastic bags and pieces of a cardboard box all over my lawn. Well I go over to pick it up and see that it was a box that UPS brought. I initial thought was "OH NO, where is the part that came wrapped in this stuff". But after giving a scolding to the dog and closer inspection, I find an invoice. It is from:
American Blind Products, Inc.
1133 Missouri Ave., Suite J
Pheonix, AZ 85014
NEVER, I repeat NEVER, have I ordered or even talked to anyone from this company. The invoice has my name and address, and instructions to remit $67.95 for an order of 15 gallon trash bags.
WHAT!? I could get a box with more bags than this down at Wally-world for probably 5 bucks. These are not quality bags by the way, very flimsy. I find the phone number on the invoice and commit to calling these folks in the morning, since it was about 6pm when I found this stuff. I give them a call today-- a lady, well I should say woman, answers the phone. Before one word is out of my mouth I am placed on hold. Hold three more times, finally somebody talks to me. I explain the situation, at this point I am being pretty civil. Could be a mistake right? First I question the $68 bill for trash bags. I am told this is a company that provides a service by employing the blind. I am also told that I did indeed order this merchandise and they have it on tape. The woman says she will find the tape and call me back. Yeah, that was 3 hours ago, haven't heard from them yet. Now, I understand the need to support charities, but Jiminy Christmas............
:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad
Yes, I am pretty irrate about this
Jason
Old 01-04-2002, 02:51 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (jdharkey)

In this country unsolicited product distribution occurs also. I have umpteen dozen Christmas cards and address labels from various charities. You are, however, under no obligation to pay for or return the goods. Keep in mind that the charities use professional marketing firms to squeeze out our dollars. It is a very competitive business. And what really annoys me is that they trade mailing lists: give to one and five get on your case. Keep the bags and ignore the invoice. I do give generously to three charities. They do not use these practices.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:55 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

What a scam! What ever you do don't pay for it, they'll try and guilt you into paying for it, they are good at that.
Old 01-04-2002, 02:59 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

These scams happen all the time. Mostly happens at businesses. I can't tell you how many calls for "reordering" or "your almost out" of paper, toner, and register tapes we get. All overpriced junk hoping tht they will get some gullable employee to hesitate long enough to call it an approval. They even send stuff by COD thinking you're gonna pay for it before you know what it is.
Just ignore it or report it to your local law enforcement.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:30 PM
1980 razz
Racer

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (Ed T)

anyone that sayS we have u on tape is a con and then some...so sad ,i feel i need to give to charity but i am scared to because of this chit going on..i just go to the animal shelter and give there ,atleast the animals wont steal the money i give... :jester
Old 01-04-2002, 03:37 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I also wonder how much of the proceeds collected by this company actually go to the disabled.
As is with the majority of the charities...pennies on your dollar. Administrative and distribution costs eat up most of it.

JD: Let the dog finish the chew job, and don't send a cent.
Old 01-04-2002, 03:43 PM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (lbell101)

...I can't tell you how many calls for "reordering" or "your almost out" of paper, toner, and register tapes we get. All overpriced junk hoping tht they will get some gullable employee to hesitate long enough to call it an approval. ...
Yeah, that probably works at big companys. If they can get the serial number off the copier, they'll use that as an authorization... After all you gave them the serial number. One of those jerks called my secretary and asked for the serial number off the copier. The sec says, "Which one?" The jerk says, "Oh, you know, the one up on the second floor." Our building only has one floor. :D
Old 01-04-2002, 04:00 PM
john's '81 mouse
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Suggest you contract your state's consumer protection division, or your state's attourney general's office, I'm sure they'd be interested.
Old 01-04-2002, 04:06 PM
Sting Raycin
Drifting

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (Silvr77)

Oh don't worry. I never had any plans to send any money to these punks.
As if telemarketers aren't bad enough, now they just send the stuff without calling you first. If I talk to these people again I'll ask them if they know it is illegal to record a phone conversation without telling some-one first. Hmm wait, maybe they did tell the imaginary me! :crazy:
Old 01-04-2002, 04:25 PM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

what makes me really crazy is these scammers are really screwing over the elderly like my mother who can't say no to anyone and just gets by as it is. :mad
I agree completly.. people who solicit and scam the elderly should be publicly beaten with sticks. My elderly mother is naive in these matters, and they take advantage of her generous nature. Makes me
:cuss :mad :cuss :mad
Old 01-04-2002, 05:09 PM
427V8
C6 the C5 of tomorrow
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (Silvr77)

Scams like this and the WTC BS is why I only give Food and or non money items. It the Bastards at the shelter want to eat the dog food I give to the humane society it's fine by me! At least they won't be buying a new caddy with it!
Old 01-04-2002, 05:33 PM
roger68
Instructor

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (427V8)

Here is that post you were just dying to read. Now that you have, please send a check for $10.00 to:

Roger The Knucklehead
Phoenix, AZ
Old 01-04-2002, 05:58 PM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (roger68)

Here is that post you were just dying to read. Now that you have, please send a check for $10.00 to:

Roger The Knucklehead
Phoenix, AZ
Dayum Roger!!! Ya got me... "Checks in da mail" :p: :lol:
Old 01-04-2002, 06:23 PM
paso
Burning Brakes

Roger will you accept Canadian $:)
Old 01-04-2002, 08:02 PM
MikeC
Melting Slicks

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (paso)

Paso, are you crazy, of course he doesn't. I try not to accept canadian either but my boss keeps on saying I'm not worth it!
Old 01-04-2002, 09:13 PM
Paul L
Team Owner

Received 93 Likes on 91 Posts

Default Re: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!! (paso)

Paso,
No one accepts Canadian any more. Our economy is miserable. Looks like we are down below $0.63US today. In pragmatic terms for US Corvette vendors, that means that many Canadians will no longer buy from south of the border. We have alternatives: GM Canada. But US vendors may wish to give us a break on our dollar. Our snow-birds in Florida get some services at par. How about a "Canadian Buy Site.?" We are are a substantial market.

Get notified of new replies

To I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!!

Quick Reply: I AM BEING ROBBED BLIND----BY THE BLIND!!!!