C4 General Discussion General C4 Corvette Discussion not covered in Tech

AFR heads customer service

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2008, 05:47 AM
makn u shiver
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default AFR heads customer service

I just want to post about some excellent custom service i received from tony at afr .I ordered some afr 210cc eliminator heads a few months ago and through no one elses fault but my own i ordered the wrong ones .The ones i got where the 65cc chambers and i should of got the 75cc for my blower engine .So i went back to the speed shop i got them from and the told me that these heads where built to order to my specs so afr will not exchange them ,makes sense these where built to my specs when i ordered them.So i thought i was stuck i would have to sell the heads and get the ones i needed and lost a bunch of money .I was on the forum one day and i see a post by tony from afr and i thought i would ask him if maybe i can send them back to him to open them up to 75cc .Tony told me that it can not be done because the 65 and 75 cc heads are machined different ,intake interface ,bolt hole postioning ,etc .so i thought i was stuck with them and i would have to sell them and ordered the 75cc versions ,but then to my surprise tony calls me at home and leaves a message and i call him back and he tells me that afr is going to help me out .He said as long as the heads are b/n and not that old ,if i send them in they will send me the proper ones ,that just made my year .I sent them in and afr checked them out and everything was ok so now afr is building me a new set of 210cc eliminators.the customer service was amazing ,he didn't have to do this for me but he did ,that kind of service is very hard to find these days .There is a few things i been written in c/f about afr that have ticked me off ,doubtin the power potential and the quality .first off i will tell you one thing ,no one, no where ,no how can come close to making the power that afr heads can make.there is no one that makes a more powerful 23* sbc heads in the world then afr,no one.If your using any other head then your just leaving power on the table,its been proven time after time afr's out perform every other head in there class.I always knew that afr heads where second to none ,not by my opinion just a proven fact .Thank you very much Tony ,how you helped me out will never be forgotten ..
Old 09-01-2008, 09:08 AM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

How do you know you wouldn't also have gotten great service if you'd returned your mis-purchased AFR heads to Brodix, Dart, or Patriot instead?
Old 09-01-2008, 12:23 PM
Rimcrew
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Aurora40
How do you know you wouldn't also have gotten great service if you'd returned your mis-purchased AFR heads to Brodix, Dart, or Patriot instead?
He probably doesn't know; however, he does know that AFR hooked him up big time in solving a problem that he, himself, created. I'm with the OP, that is first rate customer service.

The more peeps on this forum try to bash AFR, the more convinced I am that they are the ones I will go with when the time ariives for new heads.

Good job Tony and AFR. You folks always take the high road, which is not too common these days...
Old 09-01-2008, 12:24 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Aurora40 - Take the post at face value, he received good customer service from a supplier. There was not a debate of one supplier over another, flow numbers or horse power. He was reporting HIS ACTUAL experience on a difficult situation that he created himself and the results.

Let go of the AFR/BRODIX/DART and PATRIOT debate.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:19 PM
Aurora40
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Wow, you guys aren't big on sarcasm. I was trying to make a joke, and thought it was pretty damn funny. I guess not. But come on, how the hell could he try returning his AFR heads to some company like Brodix or Patriot? He couldn't! It's ridiculous to expect he would consider anyone but AFR...
Old 09-01-2008, 01:25 PM
Rimcrew
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, you guys aren't big on sarcasm. I was trying to make a joke, and thought it was pretty damn funny. I guess not. But come on, how the hell could he try returning his AFR heads to some company like Brodix or Patriot? He couldn't! It's ridiculous to expect he would consider anyone but AFR...
Well, apparently my reading skills are deteriorating, just like everything else... I missed the part about returning AFR heads to the other folks. Given all the acrimony lately, I just jumped to a conclusion that you were a hater too!!

Now I see what you were trying to say; however, the most I can muster is a courtesy chuckle. Sorry, it wasn't all that funny.
Old 09-01-2008, 01:26 PM
MK 82
Melting Slicks

Received 5 Likes on 3 Posts

Oh please. Some folks just have to try and start something!
Old 09-01-2008, 02:28 PM
John A. Marker
Le Mans Master

Received 167 Likes on 148 Posts

Sorry Aurora 40....if you had added a couple of wouldn't have taken it that way. After five (5!!!!) pages of bantering in the other thread the debate was getting old and without merrit.

I jumped too fast.... :o....going out to install my air foil and test it to see if the tires light up

-John
Old 09-01-2008, 04:09 PM
makn u shiver
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I guess i could of ,if i wanted to make less power!

Get notified of new replies

To AFR heads customer service

Quick Reply: AFR heads customer service