Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] [PRESS RELEASE] Katech Performance Unveils Lightweight Z06 ClubSport for the track.

Old 08-19-2008, 01:00 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Default [PRESS RELEASE] Katech Performance Unveils Lightweight Z06 ClubSport for the track.

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE

McCullough Public Relations

KATECH PERFORMANCE UNVEILS LIGHTWEIGHT Z06 FOR THE TRACK
New ClubSport Package Shaves Pounds to Shave Seconds off Lap Times

CLINTON TOWNSHIP, Mich. – Katech Performance, ever attuned to the collective conscious of the Corvette universe, knew this – enthusiasts wanted a lighter weight Z06 tuned for the track. Now they have it.

The Corvette Z06 ClubSport package – available exclusively from Katech Performance and Les Stanford Chevrolet (Dearborn, Mich.) – incorporates an array of aftermarket products that, in unison, reduce curb weight to 2,915 lbs. (2,825 lbs. fully optimized) while improving grip, cornering, braking and downforce.

“The Z06 is already wonderfully light weight,” commented Jason Harding, performance parts sales, Katech Performance. “We knew, however, that we could improve the power-to-weight ratio with several select modifications. Lamborghini has its Gallardo Superleggera, Ferrari its F430 Scuderia and Dodge its Viper ACR. Now the Corvette Z06 has the ClubSport package from Katech Performance.”

What does one feed Chevrolet’s already well-conditioned athlete to shed pounds and improve its game? The ClubSport diet calls for:

Brembo® Gran Turismo Brake Kit
Two-piece cross-drilled rotors significantly reduce un-sprung rotating mass; front six-piston monobloc calipers squeeze 14-inch rotors; rear four-piston monobloc calipers pinch 13.6-inch rotors

Moton Clubsport Suspension

Double-adjustable coil-overs enhance power-to-the-pavement delivery while offering seven individually adjustable rebound and compression settings; system is specially tuned by Moton engineers and SCCA World Challenge professional driver Andy Pilgrim

Katech Performance ClubSport Wheels
15-spoke, single-piece forged aluminum wheels (18x9.5-inch front; 19x12-inch rear) further reduce un-sprung rotating mass; finished in attractive gray powder coat

Michelin® Pilot® Sport Cup Tires
Enhance grip and handling while reducing total mass (285/30R18 front; 325/30R19 rear)

Katech Performance Appearance Package
Carbon fiber front splitter improves aerodynamics and is complemented by a matching carbon fiber rear spoiler that improves downforce; lift-off carbon fiber World Challenge hood vents the engine compartment, reduces weight by 50% and provides more downforce; ClubSport racing stripe on front fenders and rear fascia identifies vehicle as an exclusive Katech Performance creation

Halltech Killer Bee™ Air Intake
Carbon fiber intake designed specifically to complement Katech Performance’s carbon fiver valve covers

Katech Performance Exhaust System
Lightweight 18-gauge stainless steel design incorporating X-pipe, two lightweight mufflers, over-axle pipes and CORSA® quad tips; reduces weight and produces a deep, racecar-like tone while maintaining a civil pitch on public roads

Exedy Twin-Disc Clutch
Reduces drivetrain mass and makes for easy rev-matched downshifts

Braille Battery
All-season; reduces weight in the rear

Several optional supplements are also available including: Caravaggio leather race seats; A/C and/or radio delete as well as carpet delete to further reduce weight; roll bar or harness bar and six-point harnesses; and an ARE dry sump system.

So what’s the final verdict? A power-to-weight ratio of 5.45 lbs./horsepower (standard) or 5.28 lbs./horsepower (fully optimized).

Complete with a 12-month/12,000-mile warranty, the Katech Performance Z06 ClubSport starts at $109,000 (standard) and is expected to maintain 50-state emissions compliance*. Power plant improvements – including an array of modified LS7 engine packages – are also available for customers who want to upgrade to a true Katech Performance “Street Attack” Z06.

To purchase a brand new ClubSport Z06 from Les Stanford Chevrolet – “America’s Corvette King” – call 800.699.VETT or visit www.lesstanford.com. Already own a 2006-2009 Z06? Bring your Vette to Katech to get started on the ClubSport plan. Call 866.KATECH1 or visit www.katechengines.com.

Katech Performance, the aftermarket performance division of Katech Inc., engineers and manufactures race-proven crate engines and components for LS1/LS6 and LS2/LS7 engines including solid belt tensioners, coil relocation brackets, cylinder heads, dampers, pistons, push rods, throttle bodies and valve covers, among other high-performance products for the street and track.

Katech Inc. was founded on the need to provide responsive service and skills to factory race efforts in all forms of racing, including the American Le Mans Series (ALMS), NASCAR®, SCCA SPEED World Challenge, American Speed Association (ASA) and International Motor Sports Association (IMSA). Today, Katech is an industrial leader in advanced racing and high-performance engine development, manufacturing, testing and assembly, and offers support services for the professional racer including boring, honing, fabrication, welding and prototype parts development.

Katech Performance is located at 24324 Sorrentino Court, Clinton Township, MI, 48035. Contact the company by phone at 866-KATECH1 or visit online at www.katechengines.com.
# # #
* Pending C.A.R.B. certification

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 08-19-2008, 01:17 PM
allanlaw
Le Mans Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

And now we know the secret . . .
Old 08-19-2008, 01:19 PM
Gannet
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06

First rate! Congrats!
Old 08-19-2008, 01:20 PM
dvandentop
Race Director

Received 583 Likes on 242 Posts

ahh so that is what the secret car was in your sig

looks pretty sweet, what brand chin spoiler and rear spoiler?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:21 PM
Zlicious
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That car looks absolutely stunning!!!

Last edited by Zlicious; 08-19-2008 at 01:25 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:28 PM
DaOtherOne
Melting Slicks

Received 174 Likes on 137 Posts

Very, very nice
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM
0David_Yu
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Very nice!

I didn't realise the World Challenge hood was a lift off item.
Is that the case in all your installs?
Old 08-19-2008, 01:29 PM
lorenzo
Racer

I have been waiting to see that rear spoiler and front splitter!!! Im interested in both,are they available and can i see better pictures of them.
Old 08-19-2008, 01:31 PM
Painrace
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 63 Likes on 48 Posts

Very, very NICE!

Those of us from road tracks know how much the weight reduction means in speed and lap times.

Jim

Last edited by Painrace; 08-19-2008 at 08:51 PM.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:06 PM
Z06Fix
Drifting

Man that would be a nice off the shelf package.

Any idea on the cost?
Old 08-19-2008, 02:22 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by dvandentop
ahh so that is what the secret car was in your sig

looks pretty sweet, what brand chin spoiler and rear spoiler?
MTI splitter and spoiler

Originally Posted by David_Yu
Very nice!

I didn't realise the World Challenge hood was a lift off item.
Is that the case in all your installs?
Both are available.

Originally Posted by lorenzo
I have been waiting to see that rear spoiler and front splitter!!! Im interested in both,are they available and can i see better pictures of them.
That is the MTI splitter and spoiler because the Katech parts are not available yet.

Originally Posted by Z06Fix
Man that would be a nice off the shelf package.

Any idea on the cost?
About $39k.
Old 08-19-2008, 02:37 PM
Bob_Green
Racer

Thats one incredibly good looking Z06. And I'm not fond of silver. I hope you guys get that car into the magazines and sell a thousand of 'em.

A couple of questions if I may:

-How much louder, if any, is it than the standard car? I like engine or exhaust noise, but I have a tire-noise phobia.

-Are the wheels for sale, and if so, what is the cost?

-Same for the hood.

thanks
Old 08-19-2008, 03:21 PM
Halltech
Supporting Vendor

Received 582 Likes on 312 Posts
St. Jude Donor '09

Engine bay shots, Please!

I like it! Very nice indeed.

Under 2900 lbs. was the original GM goal for the Blue Devil. Then came reality and a blower.

Maybe you already posted this. How much HP equivalent is the weight savings?

Jim Hall

"World Class Performance for your Corvette"
Intake Design and Engineering since 1999
Halltech Systems, LLC
262-510-7600

For service email:
orders@halltechsystems.com

www.halltechsystems.com

Old 08-19-2008, 03:55 PM
Bigbucks
Pro

Finally! Some really nice 1-piece wheels! They look a lot like my 1-piece OZ wheels on my Scion xB.

Any way, how much for the wheels, and will you be able to offer other finishes besides the gray? (that wouldn't go particularly well with LMB, but black would).
Old 08-19-2008, 04:13 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Bob_Green
Thats one incredibly good looking Z06. And I'm not fond of silver. I hope you guys get that car into the magazines and sell a thousand of 'em.

A couple of questions if I may:

-How much louder, if any, is it than the standard car? I like engine or exhaust noise, but I have a tire-noise phobia.

-Are the wheels for sale, and if so, what is the cost?

-Same for the hood.

thanks

-Tire noise - none. Engine noise - there is a cool little whistle you can hear from the killer bee as you crack the throttle. The exhaust system is deeper than Corsa and louder on the highway. I would compare it to B&B bullets.

-The wheels will be sold separately. There will be a press release on those with pricing later.

-The hood is made by ACP and can be ordered directly. http://www.acproducts.us
Old 08-19-2008, 04:15 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Halltech
Engine bay shots, Please!

I like it! Very nice indeed.

Under 2900 lbs. was the original GM goal for the Blue Devil. Then came reality and a blower.

Maybe you already posted this. How much HP equivalent is the weight savings?

Jim Hall

Engine bay shots will come once we get the carbon valve covers. Unfortunately they didn't make it in time for the press release.
Old 08-19-2008, 04:17 PM
Katech_Zach

Originally Posted by Bigbucks
Finally! Some really nice 1-piece wheels! They look a lot like my 1-piece OZ wheels on my Scion xB.

Any way, how much for the wheels, and will you be able to offer other finishes besides the gray? (that wouldn't go particularly well with LMB, but black would).

There will be a press release soon with wheel pricing. Yes, multiple finishes will be available.

Get notified of new replies

To [PRESS RELEASE] Katech Performance Unveils Lightweight Z06 ClubSport for the track.

Old 08-19-2008, 04:30 PM
Short-Throw
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Too many people add mods without keeping things in balance. i.e. adding HP and not brakes.

This is a great balanced package that is ready to go from day one.

Mike
Old 08-19-2008, 04:35 PM
DSteck
Safety Car

Received 83 Likes on 42 Posts
Tech Contributor

Wow, that's a lot of weight savings! I was going to be excited to shave 100lbs off of my car... but now I see there is a lot more than can be done! Any word on how much the clutch and brake rotors save themselves? I think I've heard 20lbs for the clutch alone.

Those wheels look great!
Old 08-19-2008, 05:09 PM
Frenchican
Safety Car

Originally Posted by Short-Throw
Too many people add mods without keeping things in balance. i.e. adding HP and not brakes.

This is a great balanced package that is ready to go from day one.

Mike

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: [Z06] [PRESS RELEASE] Katech Performance Unveils Lightweight Z06 ClubSport for the track.