C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 07:07 PM
EricU
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area?

Does anyone know of a chassis dyno located in the San Francisco Bay Area? I live in Napa, CA and I am just about finished with my crate motor swap into my 69.

I would like to do the final carb and ignition adjustments on a dyno. There used to be a guy in Walnut Creek (Reese's Super Tune) but he retired a few years ago.

This is my first crate motor and I wonder if it is really going to make the advertised power. I cant believe how inexpensive these crate motors have become, I just hope it dosen't turn out to be a pile!

Thanks for any info.

Eric.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:35 PM
Les
Race Director

Received 961 Likes on 571 Posts

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (EricU)

There's a shop in Rohnert Park that has a chassis dyno- a bunch of forum members went there in early December. Check the Pacific section- you should still be able to find the post there.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:42 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You might want to go here http://www.smokemup.com/utilities/dyno/dynosearch.cfm
and see if one of these is close to you.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:42 PM
Les
Race Director

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (Les)

I found it in the archives- RPM Machine & Dyno in Rohnert Park. No phone # that I could find but I think the name Brad was mentioned if that helps.
Old 01-01-2002, 07:46 PM
Les
Race Director

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (1979toy)

Great link Steve- it's now on my favorites list....and it has the phone # for the shop I mentioned. :cheers:
Old 01-01-2002, 08:37 PM
EricU
Racer

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area?

Thanks!

Now where did I put those Hooker super comps? Gotta get organized!

Thanks again!

Eric.
Old 01-01-2002, 09:33 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

There is also one down here is the south bay at the Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara on the El Camino. It's a couple blocks away from UC Santa Clara. Don't let the Mustang ranch name scare ya. We had a forum dyno day there last Aug. They usualy charge around $100 per session, but we paid $75 ea as a group. A/F was extra. If you are interested in setting up a dyno day for Vettes, let me know. I'm all for it and I bet we can find some others too. I believe we needed at least 10 cars for the lower rates.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:24 PM
Les
Race Director

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (tsw71)

There is also one down here is the south bay at the Mustang Ranch in Santa Clara on the El Camino. It's a couple blocks away from UC Santa Clara. Don't let the Mustang ranch name scare ya. We had a forum dyno day there last Aug. They usualy charge around $100 per session, but we paid $75 ea as a group. A/F was extra. If you are interested in setting up a dyno day for Vettes, let me know. I'm all for it and I bet we can find some others too. I believe we needed at least 10 cars for the lower rates.
Tom,
I recently found out that a buddy of mine works there on weekends- I've got a few lil things to finish & then I'm definitely up for it...I need to do A/F tuning though- any idea how much more it costs???
Old 01-02-2002, 12:21 AM
tsw71
Drifting

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (Les)

Les, I'm not sure of the normal pricing, but for the group dyno day, the charge was $100 for the A/F on 3 runs. The only thing I am not sure of is if tuning is permitable in the group dyno day session due to time constraints. It might very well be that you would need to setup your own tuning session if you plan to do rejetting while on the rack, but this is just a guess. The guy that runs the dyno is named Terry. Give him a call for more info. I should also mention for anyone else interested that we only paid $65 for three runs without the A/F, not the $75 I stated earlier. These prices were based on having a minimium of 10 cars in the group. I'm sure we can get 10 together when the time comes.

Tom :cheers:
Old 01-02-2002, 02:42 AM
DREGSZ
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (tsw71)

Hey Tom,
I have burnt $100 bills at the Dyno room like a crack addict.
"C'mon Terry, Just 3 more pulls, I'll pay you next week"
As I recall, it 's only $75 for 3 pulls and $100 for A/F on a retail price basis, but I'm still down for a GTG for the team spirit, even if the price break is imaginary
Al Woolley is organzing one for the Bay area F body group, last I heard and would open spots for the vetters as well.
Maybe I'll run the vette in the AM, Dash home and bring the race car back for 3 more pulls...
Hey, can I borrow $75 till Tuesday?
Old 01-02-2002, 12:58 PM
tsw71
Drifting

Default Re: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area? (Evan Ginsberg)

Hey Tom,
I have burnt $100 bills at the Dyno room like a crack addict.
"C'mon Terry, Just 3 more pulls, I'll pay you next week"
:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Man, I think I'm in the wrong business. Maybe it's time for me to make a career change and set up a chassis dyno in my garage. :D I wonder if my neighbors would still like me then? :D

Get notified of new replies

To Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area?

Quick Reply: Chassis Dyno in Nor Cal Bay Area?