C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Leaves and debris inside front pillar

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2002, 06:44 AM
Tired74
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Leaves and debris inside front pillar

Started to strip interior of the tired 74. When I removed the inside plastic front left and right I found the inside of the pillars not rusted badly at all but full of leaves and debris. How can this get there and if there are leaves is this where water will get in?
Old 01-01-2002, 08:49 AM
jerryp58
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Leaves and debris inside front pillar (Tired74)

I was trying to look for a good picture in my AIM, but didn't really see one that put the plenum & kick panel area together. The plenum area (I guess that's what they call it) is on the outside of the car below either bottom corner of the windshield in the cowl area. There should be screens at each end to help keep leaves and other debris out. Water does flow down there and drains out holes at the bottom, unless they get plugged up with debris. I think there are openings that leaves could navigate through to the kick panel area as they're blown about.

Sorry if this isn't too clear a description. I could try to post some of the AIM pics if you think they may help. Make sure those screens are in place. I move them aside and vacuumed out the plenums every now & then.

Hope this helps.

Quick Reply: Leaves and debris inside front pillar