C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one?

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 10:29 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (JRChurch)

V8FastCars@msn.com is his e-mail. I have Lars recurve kit in my car and it made a large difference. Better throttle response and the engine runs smoother. Installation is a snap and it's worth more than it's weight in gold.

Matt

[Modified by Golden80, 7:31 PM 12/31/2001]
Old 01-01-2002, 12:17 AM
MIKER
Melting Slicks

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (JRChurch)

Unless your distributors timing curve has already optimized by a previous owner, you will be VERY satisfied with the results. Especially for the low price and great support that Lars provides if needed.

Here is a link to the review that I wrote up on the SVE QuikCurve Kit.
http://www.corvetteforum.cc/reviews/...=426&TopicID=2

By the way, we all need to contribute more often to the Corvette Forum "Review" section! :yesnod:
Old 01-01-2002, 02:10 AM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Rick -
I just picked up your e-mail and sent you out some info. And thanks to you other guys for the kind words and support for the kit.

Like MIKER says, if your ignition curve and setup has already been optimized, you probably don't stand much to gain from the kit. But most Vettes I work on have a bit of room for improvement as far as ignition and timing curve goes. The kit includes not only some good quality parts to get things set up right, but also gives you some good instructions and tuning tips so you understand how it's all supposed to work. What I find is that a lot of guys are able to discover and correct distributor problems when they install the kit, and this oftens helps as much as the kit itself.

Golden80 was one of the Forum members who helped me out during the development of the kit by donating his car for testing purposes for the kit development. He has the prototype kit installed in his car. We were both pretty amazed at how the kit improved off-idle and mid-range throttle response. Thanks again, Matt!

By the way, between the C1/C2 Forum, and the C3 Forum, there are about 100 Vettes out there right now running the kit. If you want a little more feedback on it, post a note on the C1/C2 Forum.

Please contact me if you need any additional info or if you have any questions about the kit or any other tuning issues.

[Modified by lars, 12:13 AM 1/1/2002]

[Modified by lars, 12:15 AM 1/1/2002]
Old 01-01-2002, 11:21 AM
redwingvette
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 138 Likes on 73 Posts

Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (lars)

Lars did mine and it was money well spent. I new mine was in trouble from the start because the mech whent out as soon as the engine was started. only vacuum advance change timing from there. VERY Happy with Lars work as well as the recurve
Old 01-01-2002, 07:12 PM
CORKYVET
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (redwingvette)

Does the upgrade work with the Pertronix system?
Old 01-01-2002, 09:25 PM
lars
Tech Contributor
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: At my Bar drinking and wrenching in Lafayette Colorado
Received 4,924 Likes on 1,930 Posts

Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (CORKYVET)

Yes, it does, as long as the distributor itself and the advance system is stock GM. However, the standard kit is tailored for a distributor with points, and the rubbing block on the points produce just a little bit of drag on the advance mechanism. When this drag is reduced by elimination of the points, you end up with a slightly quicker curve. If this curve is too quick, you may have to play with the springs a little to tailor it to your application.
Just as a side note, the distributors I've been rebuilding for the Forum members I've been removing the Pertronix and installing a good set of points for a performance increase.... no kidding.
Old 01-01-2002, 10:54 PM
QuickVet
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one? (lars)

just got mine. cant wait to try it :D

Get notified of new replies

To Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one?

Quick Reply: Lars, Lars, Lars, distributor kit upgrade, anybody tried one?