C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Wondering if my windshield wipers should be doing this

Old 12-31-2001, 06:40 PM
akstreker
Intermediate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Wondering if my windshield wipers should be doing this

hey lol you might have saw my earlyer post about me needing some help.
Im not sure if this should happen or not but my windshield wiper motor is making a loud clicking sound every time it turns over and the winshield wipers get stuck and dont go up some times but make a littel movement up and down . i opend the motor and it seems the clicking sound is coming from the spring when it is pulled back and then released. is that normal? :confused:
Old 01-01-2002, 12:25 PM
74 Vette
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Wondering if my windshield wipers should be doing this (akstreker)

I have a 74 and the washer pump mounted on the outside of the motor took a dive.Isearched for the correct pump for that particular year and had no success.I finally picked a pump up for a 73(I think) at a local parts store,I was told that the 73 would not work by several people.It mounted fine but there are minor differences,the wipers work fine but I have the same clicking noise that you mentioned and its coming from the pump because it is working the whole time the wipers are running,its not beeb a big enough pain to fix as of now because the car will be (hopefully) torn down this spring for repainting and many other repairs.
I hope this may have helped,it may be your problem as well.
Good Luck!!!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wondering if my windshield wipers should be doing this