C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Possible Electric Short - ???

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 02:23 PM
still-learning
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Possible Electric Short - ???

Folks,

Thought I would look for some ideas on this new problem... I took the vette out for a spin yesterday and I noticed something weird. The charge meter (altmeter or voltmeter??) was showing right under the redline and I don't remember it doing that before. I also noticed that the tachometer was moving (not based on RPMs). If I did anything that used the electricity the meter would bounce MORE than normal.

I also remember driving it a few days ago and thinking that the dash lights were much brighter than normal... Any ideas?

I put the car away at that point instead of continuing to drive it... (Just to notice that my radiator hose was leaking also... :mad)

Tim M.
Old 01-02-2002, 09:15 AM
still-learning
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Possible Electric Short - ??? (still-learning)

This is what I get for posting on New Year's Eve!! :) Oh well, I did end up finding the problem. It used extreme expertise. OK, it became brutally obvious. The electrical problem was the negative terminal on the battery was loose. It came all the way off while troubleshooting... :) Tightened it and voila!!

Now to replacing the blower motor that I pulled...

Tim M.

Quick Reply: Possible Electric Short - ???