C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Finally proof I own a vette

Search this Thread

Old 12-31-2001, 12:35 PM
ImBatman
Safety Car

Received 161 Likes on 49 Posts

Default Finally proof I own a vette

The car is much further along now than this picture shows but it is the only digital image that I have right now. The suspension is now completely re done with VB&P street\slalom, urethane bushings and a Richmond 3:73 rear. Ihave block sanded about half of the car and hope to have it painted in April or May. I just can't decide if it will be black or dark red. I have switched the pedal assembly out so that I can run a straight drive and I plan on going with a 454 hopefully to begin work in July. I know it dosen't look like much now but hopefully it will run again. I will try and kget some updated pics this week.
:cheers:

[Modified by wadew10, 10:37 AM 12/31/2001]
Old 12-31-2001, 01:13 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Finally proof I own a vette (wadew10)

Wade,

Looking good.

As for Black... My other car (Z28) is black, and I will never own another black car. It always looks dirty (except for 10 minutes after I wash it when it looks Gorgeous). It is hot as an oven in the summer.

I started out with red cars, and that's what I painted my vette. Should have stuck to it, but that black Z28 just looked so good on the dealers lot. :)

Old 12-31-2001, 01:54 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Go with the RED...I know from MUCHO Experience...Black can be VERY difficult at BEST..........It looks great in the shade..but that is about it
Old 12-31-2001, 02:48 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

IMHO, black is by far the best looking colour (er, lack of colour ;) when done right. Unfortunately (isn't that always how it is?) black is near impossible to do right. It requires a _perfectly_ straight body -- any waves or imperfections will be magnified by the black paint job. Then, if the paint isn't laid and cured correctly, black sucks up so much heat the paint will die quickly. Not to mention, even if your body is perfect, and your paint is perfect, keeping it clean is WORSE than anything else!! So, anyway, there's my 2 cents.

On a somewhat related topic, I've heard of show-car people who don't want a black car, painting their cars black first, to ensure that the body is perfect, and then going with the colour they want.

Some people are crazy.

Jim

Old 12-31-2001, 03:20 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Finally proof I own a vette (jimduchek)

Thats gonna be one awesome ride.
Don't forget, please register in the 71 registry. :)
Old 12-31-2001, 03:49 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran

Actually, that's just a picture of a partially finished vette in a driveway. Proof that you own a vette would be a picture of the title with your name on it. Geez, people, am I the only one to catch this??? :jester :jester :jester

j/k Keep up the good work, I'm sure it's tough when you have that much to do. By the way, go with yellow. :D

Get notified of new replies

To Finally proof I own a vette

Quick Reply: Finally proof I own a vette