C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 07:27 PM
Ricisan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour

This is my first post in some time. After the BIG CRASH I was instructed to reregister. After trying several times, I went back to my old user/pass and here I am.
I need help to decide casrb for 74 sb.
360 ci, 10.25cr, 218-224 hr and 1.6 rrs.
Air gap rpm, stk ex, duals no cat, TFS heads pocket ported.
I called Jet performance because I thought they were the Pros. After waiting weeks I finally got my carb. I requested a 750dp and got a #3310 w/vac sec. The tec guy assured me that I would be very happy and if not to send it back. I am not happy. My mechanic says that it won't idle, drowns the plugs but runs hard off idle. "He took me for a ride yto seat the rings, first car I have been in that fishtails on the 2-3 shift! Anyway, I called the tech guy at Holly and he is back to 700 dp w/2 corner idiling. My mech originally wanted to go w/ 750dp w/4 corner idiling. I have really tried to do this right the first time and so far am happy. Proper carb choice / tuning is CRITICAL! I was even tninking DEAMON? I have done my homework and lean towards a vac sec. I also know the proper tuning is more importnat than carb choice. I need help now! The Holly guy said that the 750 is used to get the 5 extra hp on top. I would rather have it lower. I need help ASAP. I have told my Mech to imagine his wife and daughter taking a cross country and back trip in this car and building it approiately. Glad to be back.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:51 PM
mountainshark76
Instructor

Default Re: Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour (Ricisan)

I would take a look at the holley street advenger 670 or 750 cfm vac. scconds your choice of cfm size based on other engine mods
the holley 3310 was designed and produced for big block applications even in the hands of a skilled tuner they almost always perform poorly and run rich
I always had good luck Q-jets when they are set up right but they are more complex for some. I think holley got it right with the advenger line up.
the demon is also a good carb. but is over priced and does not have the baseline setup built into it like the advenger does :cool:

[Modified by mountainshark76, 11:59 PM 12/30/2001]
Old 12-30-2001, 07:53 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default Re: Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour (Ricisan)

Get a demon 750 with vac seconds.
Old 12-30-2001, 09:05 PM
Rhubarb
Advanced

Default Re: Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour (gkull)

I second the Demon. A little pricy .. but SOLID !

Lots of tweakable stuff and pretty to look at too.
Old 12-30-2001, 11:29 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour (gkull)

Ditto with Gkull...750 Demon

Get notified of new replies

To Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour

Quick Reply: Carb choice for 74 Semi-Pro Tour