C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

How much slack would you give a fellow c3er?

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 06:53 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default How much slack would you give a fellow c3er?

I had a parts deal fall through several months ago and I haven’t seen any of my original payment back yet. I’m giving up a few dollars for other things I’m getting in return, but I’m still waiting on SEVERAL hundred dollars. I’m getting VERY frustrated, but I’m not yet ready to bust *****. I've got other things to do with all that money, you know?

How much time would you give before demanding your money back or taking things to Judge Judy?
Old 12-30-2001, 07:01 PM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (63Banshee)

By all means, if you think that you have been wronged don't be afraid to let the group know.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:04 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Location: WANTED: '68 rear valance with b/u light assemblies IM, e-mail, or PM me here. Thanks!

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (1979toy)

By all means, if you think that you have been wronged don't be afraid to let the group know.
I will if the time comes. I really don't want to bend anyone over when they still have a chance to make things right. I just wonder if I'm being too nice...
Old 12-30-2001, 07:13 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

If it's really several hundred dollars over several months then... you're damn right your being too nice. Your the one that's been bending over. That should be plenty of time to get it straight.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:13 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Dave:
I just went through something similar. It depends on the scenario, is the person keeping in contact with you (i.e. responds to any e-mails or phone calls). If they consistantly respond to you whenever you try contacting them, I would give them some time. I waited over a month to get my money back. I didn't take into account that the person had other extenuating circumstances going on in their life. On the other hand if you have lost contact with the person and they don't respond to your e-mails, I think it's time to take action. Just my $.02. Good luck, I'm sure all will turn out A-OK.
Old 12-30-2001, 07:16 PM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (bence13_33)

I agree with all the above. Let us know if we can help.
Old 12-30-2001, 08:21 PM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (71,454,4spd)

just don't let it go to far or too long!!!!
Old 12-30-2001, 08:46 PM
vcole@metrocast.net
Instructor

Several hundred dollars over several months?? It sounds like you have cut him more than enough slack already. I do agree with one of the posts that mentions whether or not he keeps in touch with you. I went through a similar thing over a fairly large amount of money but the guy kept in touch and I kept my cool and it all panned out. I guess the important thing is he resonsive to your inquirys or is he blowing you off? If the later I wouldn't cut him slack anymore, it would seem you have been more than patient. Thats just my 2 cents. Good luck.

thanks
VC
:cheers:
Old 12-30-2001, 10:58 PM
PRNDL
Team Owner

Received 46 Likes on 42 Posts

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (vcole@metrocast.net)

As Bence said, he just went thru a similar situation so he speaks from experience. Several people on the forum have been ripped off by somebody using the handle "vetteguy". On the other hand, maybe in your case the guy has legitimate reasons for not coming thru, tho I tend to be skeptical.

Bottom line is, just because somebody is a member of corvetteforum, and/or owns a C3, does not guarantee they are honest. MJ
Old 12-30-2001, 11:23 PM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (MNJack)

As Bence said, he just went thru a similar situation so he speaks from experience. Several people on the forum have been ripped off by somebody using the handle "vetteguy". On the other hand, maybe in your case the guy has legitimate reasons for not coming thru, tho I tend to be skeptical.

Bottom line is, just because somebody is a member of corvetteforum, and/or owns a C3, does not guarantee they are honest. MJ
Yeah, this guy is cool... just slow. It's just that I have plans for this money now, and when the figure pushes a grand I tend to get antsy.
Old 12-30-2001, 11:35 PM
Red73
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

None. :smash:
Old 12-31-2001, 12:04 AM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 32 Likes on 32 Posts

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (Red73)

I would only give couple weeks to a month. Don't get your dollars back, let us know and take whoever it is to court. We don't need any CHEATS on the forum or in the corvette community in my opinion. :mad
Old 12-31-2001, 12:44 AM
RatRacer
Safety Car

Received 118 Likes on 73 Posts

Anyone in Accounts Receivable will tell you that the longer a debt goes unpaid, the harder it is to collect.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:17 AM
SuperFast80
Race Director

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (Cam Potter)

Exactly what i was thinking. I have 'FRIEND' who owes me $2000 for 1.5 years now and I swear its gone because I was too nice to push for it in the beginning. He is out of work (for the last 6 months) and the dough is as good as gone.

Don't wait too much longer to lean on him or you'll be in the same pickle. :nonod:
Old 12-31-2001, 01:22 AM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Rough crowd!

While I have minor issues with a few members around here I would still help out when I can, be it pulling a body or rebuilding a motor. It’s all part of being a auto enthusiast’s bud, despite disagreements… if that’s not too corny. Anyway, I see my patience as helping out in a way, but I know it’s sometimes easy for people to get “comfortable” with a debt owed to a “bud.” Tough call no matter how you look at it.
Old 12-31-2001, 01:23 AM
63Banshee
Melting Slicks

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (SuperFast80)

Don't wait too much longer to lean on him or you'll be in the same pickle. :nonod:
Hmmm, I don't care for pickles. ;)
Old 12-31-2001, 03:31 AM
Tim H
Safety Car

Received 103 Likes on 69 Posts

It doesn't matter what is going on in the persons life that owes you money.
That has nothing to do with the deal 2 people have.
If somebody sells you something and its not what you want and there was a refund agreement for so many days or you sell something and are expecting the payment and they use the excuse of why the money is not changing hands then you are taking care of there problem with the money from the deal and thats not right.
Example:At work someone looses there writing pen and is always borrowing yours, you are paying for them loosing there pen.
To hell with them I don't care if you lost your pen Im not taking the flack over it by haveing the burden of sharing mine just because you have a problem.
The same goes for the money owed on a deal I don't care if your house just burned down give me my money!!!!!!!!

Get notified of new replies

To How much slack would you give a fellow c3er?

Old 12-31-2001, 07:54 AM
MassVette
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sounds like you've been patient long enough.........
:nonod:
Old 12-31-2001, 08:03 AM
Bob Turner
Drifting

63Banshee,

I currently have 3 deals going with 3 different Corvetteforum members. They paid me right away and I am delivering their products. I have every intention to follow through with what I said I would sell them, so if someone else is screwing you over, you need to take it to the next level to collect your funds back. Especially after a few months!!! I hate deadbeats!!! :mad :mad :mad

Bob
Old 12-31-2001, 10:48 AM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er? (Bob Turner)

I was a lead guitarist in a rock band in the late 60's and early 70's... the rhythm player was my "best friend". We double dated many times. Grew up together... I sold him a car. Gave it to him before he paid me... based upon our friendship. I never saw the money. A few years later his dad called me and asked when I was going to remove my car from his backyard. Right. Haven't talked to my "best friend" in 30 years. Some people will use your "good nature" to rip you off. Let the dude know you need the cash ASAP or you will never see it again.

Quick Reply: How much slack would you give a fellow c3er?