C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Dash Board Mystery Install?? Who/Why Done It??

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:44 AM
Vettesic
Drifting

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

Default Dash Board Mystery Install?? Who/Why Done It??

My existing dash is the wrong color and has an ugly 6" split above the glove box. The shark has the correct but new oyster white interior, #122. However, from all my research the dash should be white also. It looks like the dash was first claret, not sure its the orig. dash?? (Yes, the VIN # match.) Then one of the car's former owners painted it black. Probably the guy who changed the dash :confused:
Rather then change the whole dash I'm thinkin bout a dash cover from Corvette America. It comes complete with the speaker grills and covers from the windshield right down the the bottom of existing dash and is already colored keyed. It's also alot cheaper too...$110.00 as opposed too $500.00 for a complete dash change part. What do you guys think? Thanks. L8TER, Paul.
Old 12-30-2001, 12:57 PM
Techno
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: Dash Board Mystery Install?? Who/Why Done It?? (Vettesic)

Depending on how good you are you might try getting some vinyl and recovering it. You would have to fix the rip so it didn't show through.

Quick Reply: Dash Board Mystery Install?? Who/Why Done It??