C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Missing Brake Fluid!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2001, 11:05 AM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Missing Brake Fluid!

Installed the new(Rebuilt) motor in yesterday and fired her up. Sounds great to hear it since it has not run since July :yesnod:
I had also put in a new torque converter, so I placed the car in gear to get the fluid to circurlate, and discovered that the brakes were weak... :eek:
Checked the fluid and found the front res. was all but dry and the rear not much better. No leaks have been found yet (large puddles etc). Plan on bleeding today, but thought I might ask if anyone has any suggestions as to where this fluid might have gone..

Thanks...
Old 12-30-2001, 11:30 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: Missing Brake Fluid! (SprintCarDriver)

Not usual to find large puddles anyway. Could it have been real low when you first parked it? Check all the wheel cylinders real close. Youll have to pull the wheels for this. fluid can also leak out the back of the master cylinder and into the vacuum assisted booster ,eventually ruining it. After you shut your car off, you should be able to come back hours later and pull the vacuum line from the booster. Vacuum should still be stored as evident by the air rushing in when you remove the check valve from the booster.

fill it up and bleed it. drive it for a while and check for leaks again.

[Modified by Jvette73, 9:31 AM 12/30/2001]
Old 12-30-2001, 02:43 PM
SprintCarDriver
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Missing Brake Fluid! (Jvette73)

Thanks for the reply. Had to run and get more parts from the parts house and thought about the brake booster. I have just shut the car down and will check the booster...

Thanks again...
Don

Get notified of new replies

To Missing Brake Fluid!

Quick Reply: Missing Brake Fluid!