C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Got a new cd changer!

Old 12-30-2001, 01:51 AM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Got a new cd changer!

Just bought a new jvc 12 disc cd changer for my '75! And for $200! :cheers:

Need some help installing though:
Is all the electrical stuff standard, by which i mean it says power is yellow, accessory is red, and ground is black, but is that what the vette has? And do I really need to solder the wires together? i plan on cutting a piece of plywood to fit in the back so I can mount my 6"x9"s and the actual changer. Can't wait until it's up and running! :yesnod:

By the way, does anybody know if I can fit 6"x9" in the kick panels without having to cut anything? :confused:

Edit: Sorry, reread the directions and it says yellow is a live terminal and red is power through accessory terminal.

P.S. What should I connect the ground to? Is there already a place where it should be hooked to?

[Modified by Buffalo Dude, 9:54 PM 12/29/2001]
Old 12-30-2001, 11:10 AM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: Got a new cd changer! (Buffalo Dude)

You will need to connect the power through accesory wire to a like one from the radio. This wire is like a switch that turns the changer on. If you wire it to a wire that is always hot, it will never shut off (thus draining your battery). You can't fit 6 x 9's in the kickpanels, at least not in early C3's, and I doubt that they changed the speaker hole size. 4 x 6's will work okay, or you could mount 4 inch round speakers, and maybe some 5 inch ones, depending on the depth.

AC
Old 12-30-2001, 02:22 PM
gdh
Le Mans Master

Received 86 Likes on 69 Posts

Default Re: Got a new cd changer! (A C)

AC has it right, I just put in a Kenwood Excelon (competition quality) unit with Polk MOMO 6.5's. Since I have a vert., made boxes to fit into the rear compartment corners so that they were nearly invisibly and I the compartment light was unimpaired. I changed the front dash ones as well and put in Alpine. Used the passenger rear storage compartment to place the amp. (on a a piece a wood to keep any moisture away - it is a vert, lol). Any way it sounds great the imaging is fantastic and I still have access to 90% of my storage.
:cheers:
Old 12-30-2001, 11:12 PM
Buffalo Dude
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '07

Default Re: Got a new cd changer! (Buffalo Dude)

Thanks guys, looking forward to putting my system together. :yesnod:

Get notified of new replies

To Got a new cd changer!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Got a new cd changer!