C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Header question

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2001, 02:35 AM
sprtsjunky32
Navigator

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Header question

I looking for some headers for my 76-vette the engine i put in my vette is a 1999 vortec engine so i need to find some headers that will fit these heads and also fit in a 76-vette need some advice please help

Thanks Kenny
Old 12-29-2001, 02:53 AM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

Default Re: Header question (sprtsjunky32)

Vortec heads are the standard 23deg exhaust port. So your only decision is how much do you want to spend. What ever you get. Go with HPC or Jet hot coating. I use Hooker super comp for angle plug heads. Headmans are also nearly equal length. People on this forum seem to like dynomax because they are less than 1/2 half the price of coated hookers.

I just figure that headers are a lifetime investment and I knew at the time angle plugs were in my future so I bought other than just off of the shelf headers. I called Hooker and ask for 1 3/4 X 28 equal length primaries and 3 1/2 inch collectors. Because I also knew in the future I was going to need 3 inch true dual exhaust without cats.

Quick Reply: Header question