C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Body Bushings

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 10:09 PM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Body Bushings

Am in desperate need of replacing my body mount bushings. It is scheduled in the very near future but my question to those of you who have done this procedure is. Can they be replaced one side at a time or would that be placing too much stress on the body. Is this going to be a major undertaking or what? Your input would be most appreciated
Old 12-28-2001, 11:28 PM
noskillz
Racer

Default Re: Body Bushings (Armstrong)

To answer your question, no, you can't just jack up one side. To get a tseveral of the bushings ( #3 i think) u have to jack the body up. TYou might could do 1,2, and 4 with out toomuch hastle. There is just too much attaching between the frame and chassis for this to be "easy" like grounding straps, shifter, seat belt cable, steering coupler, heater hoses, radiator supports, bumper supports, frame extensions, etc...
Old 12-29-2001, 07:08 AM
Armstrong
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Body Bushings (Armstrong)

Sounds like I got my work cut out for me then. Don't plan on doing a frame off resto but these body mounts are getting replaced. Guess we'll see what happens when that time comes. Is there a place that anyone has found that has documented this procedure before to kind of give some insight as to how crazy this is actually going to get?

Get notified of new replies

To Body Bushings

Quick Reply: Body Bushings