C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What I plan to do next is ....

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 09:47 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What I plan to do next is ....

What do you all think of my plan & what can I do to improve upon it?

Intake manifold swap from a 2101 Performer to a 7525 Team G single plane. Keeping the same cam, carb, & distributor. 1.6 rockers on my intakes to make it 1.6s on both intakes & exhausts. Lifter valley oil splash shield. Retard my cam back to straight-up.

Now would be a good time to upgrade to a high performance water pump and oil pan/windage tray. Any suggestions as to what works or doesn’t work?
Old 12-29-2001, 07:27 AM
Maurice
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: What I plan to do next is .... (nunus79)

what can I do to improve upon it?
100 Shot of Nitrous?

Let me know if you need any help. I am greatly indebted for all the things you have helped me out with.

P.S. Check my sig for new time
Old 12-29-2001, 09:25 AM
1979toy
Melting Slicks

I ran the numbers up on the DeskTop Dyno program just to kill time.
You are going to give up 30 ft lbs of torque at 2000 RPM to gain 25 ft lbs at 5000 RPM. Horsepower gain looks like about 25 at 5000 RPM.
E-mail me if you want to check some other combinations. I'd like to see the change on the computer program vs. the drag strip.
Old 12-29-2001, 09:52 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: What I plan to do next is .... (1979toy)

I think you need more cam to take advantage of a single plane intake. On a 350 I think a dur. at .050 of 245 or more is OK to run a single plane. I am still running a dual plane and can go to 7000 rpm no problem. I think for the street you would be making a mistake. My .02
Old 12-29-2001, 10:35 AM
mountainmotor
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: What I plan to do next is .... (Gordonm)

The Team G would be a good choice even on the street in my opinion soley because the gears will get you by but you need a cam change especially on the LSA to take full advantage of the open plenum design.I don't know your compression but a huge e/t gain should be noticed.mail me for cam /carb recommendation if interested.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:47 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Default Re: What I plan to do next is ....

Maurice
Its fun spending your money :lol: :lol: :lol:

79toy
I built the 350 w/too much emphasis on the low end. Traded off HP at the top end for it. My not so good 1/4 mi mph shows it. Without going too extreme on adding top end, I am thinking that setting the cam back straight up should help.

Gordon
You're probably right. Experimenting with different rocker arm ratios, it seems the SportsmanIIs are calling for more cam. However, I'm still running a stock L-48 shortblock. So, I can't use a high duration cam effectively (don't want to spin it too high). One of the reasons why I chose the TeamG Street Ram is for its supposed even fuel distribution characteristics and for the better mid-range breathing. The gains at the top is just gravy. This is all theoretical talk right now. What it actually does, I don't know. But I will soon find out.

Mountain
I like your confidence in the TeamG. I think you are right on with the 114 lsa cam that I'm running. When I build-up enough curiosity, I think a tighter lsa cam would be fun to run. I do get mixed opinions on that one though. ;)

Thanks all for your replies.
Old 12-29-2001, 06:42 PM
gkull
Team Owner

Received 1,329 Likes on 1,057 Posts

I like and used the Moroso diamond stripper. It can be used with the stock pan. Also L-82's cam with a stock stripper that used longer studs on the main cap.

I had to throw the Moroso D.S. in the "Maholo" (sp?) after motor parts ripped it up.
Old 12-30-2001, 05:23 AM
1980 razz
Racer

non stop project..u gotta love it :cool: if any of ur old stuff ur replacing will add hp to my stock engine let me know..i gotta start somewhere :cheers: still waiting to see ur vette for some hp ideas for mine..we played with my carb all day and got the vette shifting and really high rpmss,,made for a much faster funner ride..now if i could only get my tack to work i might know what revs were at.. :eek:
Old 12-30-2001, 01:23 PM
nunus79
Drifting

Default Re: What I plan to do next is .... (1980 razz)

Razz
I have spare original parts cluttering up my storage shed. The only hi-perf part that I'll have lying around after my planned mods will be the performer manifold. If the new manifold is found good for the street as well as the strip, I'll let you know about taking the performer.
Norris

Get notified of new replies

To What I plan to do next is ....

Quick Reply: What I plan to do next is ....