C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

'69 front end support question

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 06:54 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default '69 front end support question

Howdy. I'm thinkin on patching up the front end of my 'vette (it's a mess), and this question probably applies to all the bumper cars. On my car, there's what can only be described as a thick rod that comes up in front of the radiator, directly in the middle, and ends about 3/4 of the way to the bottom of the fiberglass in front of the hood. I have not seen this part in any catalogs and examining it, it almost looks broken at the top, but I can't tell. What is this supposed to do, and if it is supposed to go all the way to the top and support the front end, what is this part called that I might order a new one? I can't find anything like it in any diagrams or anything like that.

Thanks,
Jim

Old 12-28-2001, 11:31 PM
noskillz
Racer

Default Re: '69 front end support question (jimduchek)

To the front of the hood?? On my 69 there is a rod that goes from the bottom of the radiator support to the front grill. Is this what you are talking about?
Old 12-28-2001, 11:50 PM
Corvettes White
Drifting

Received 44 Likes on 34 Posts

Jim:

Just came in from the garage, from under our ’69, and noticed your post. The rod is about 19 inches long flattened at each end with holes for bolts. One end is to the center of the radiator support. The other to the bar that is riveted to the nose of the front end. It goes up over the top. It is in the AIM and lists as part no. 3954509.

Go ’69’s!

George
Old 12-30-2001, 04:21 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Default Re: '69 front end support question (999)

I would assume this bar should be in a '71-'72 as well? I may have to run over to Zwede's place later and take a look.. the rod on mine is definitely broken and perhaps bent (or put on wrong) because it quite definitely doesn't go up to the nose.

Jim

Old 12-30-2001, 04:31 PM
lbell101
Melting Slicks

It's on '71s for sure.

Get notified of new replies

To '69 front end support question

Quick Reply: '69 front end support question