C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

What type of car cover.

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 08:40 AM
Paul 75 L82
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 22 Posts

Default What type of car cover.

I've never been a big fan of car covers, but after my new paint job I thought that it might be wise to buy one just in case I need it. Does anyone have a suggestion on a good cover that won't damage my paint.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:44 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: What type of car cover. (Paul 75 L82)

I have a Performance Choice all weather car cover that I got from Mid America. It is very soft on the inside. I wouldn't imagine there is any way it would be able to damage your paint. Of course, seems like it was some bit over $100 though. I don't remember for sure.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:11 AM
MacA1979
Always Shiftin'
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 540 Likes on 205 Posts
2023 C7 of the Year Finalist - Unmodified
C5 of Year Finalist (stock) 2019

Default Re: What type of car cover. (Paul 75 L82)

Paul,
A lot depends on how you will use it.

If you will only have it covered while the Corvette is in a closed garage (protect against dust and minor dings), I would suggest one of the flannel lined cotton covers. They are softest and can be machine washed. The downside to these covers is that they do not provide adequate protection against outdoor elements.

If you will want to use it outdoors, the best cover (in my opinion) is the NOAH brand cover. It is lightweight, virtually waterproof, but breathable to allow any moisture underneath to evaporate. It is designed to protect against UV light degredation and acid rain damage. Can be used both indoors and outdoors. Its downside is that it cannot be machine washed. You have to hose it off and let it drip dry.

Sorry if I sound like an advertisement! I use to work for a company that made these types of fabrics. I bought the NOAH cover and my '72 is always garaged.
Old 12-28-2001, 10:33 AM
VetteBoy1979
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 3-4-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '07-'09-'12

Default Re: What type of car cover. (QikStik)

Ive got a Wolf All Weather, keeps stones, rakes, brooms, and all that crap from screwing up my baby in the garage :D

Get notified of new replies

To What type of car cover.

Quick Reply: What type of car cover.