C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

[Warning] Romeo Engineering

Search this Thread

Old 12-28-2001, 03:09 AM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default [Warning] Romeo Engineering

:mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad :mad

I have to say I have never been more frusterated, strike that, DOWNRIGHT FURIOUS with any company, EVER. My wife has been trying since Early November to get me my Christmas present, carpeting for my car. She read on the forum that this was the best stuff. She didn't tell me at first she was getting it.

She called the guy there and he said, "I should have it to you in a couple of weeks". 2 weeks go by, so she calls him again. Hmm..lemme check on it and I'll call you back. She calls him a few more times, leaving voice mails almost every day in between those times, of which none got a phone call in return. She got so frusterated that a week before we leave for AZ for christmas, she tells me what's been going on. I told her to leave a voice mail every day until he calls back. She finally get's ahold of the creep, who says "lemme call the shop and see what's going on, I'll call you right back". A day goes by, no call. I finally decided that this isn't worth the hassle, my wife is in nearly in tears because she won't have my Christmas present in time for christmas, even though she started the process early. I left a VERY not nice message for the jerk, I believe it ended with " You go to hell sir".

What pisses me off the most:

:mad He flat out LIED to my wife, multiple times.

:mad He did not ONCE return any of the 30+ Voicemail messages she left with him

:mad He somehow manages to stay in business.

I cannot imagine that this was an isolated incident.

I would advise everyone avoid this "business" like the plague. They have absolutely no concept of customer service and are completely unreliable. She gave him multiple chances but he was completely unwilling to do something as simple as picking up the phone. My wife is a tough cookie, but I'll be damned if I'm going to do business with someone that nearly brings her to tears.
Old 12-28-2001, 03:34 AM
Mac
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Steve Straus)

Sorry your wife got the runaround, Steve. You've done the right thing posting here. Hit him in the wallet instead of the nose!!
Old 12-28-2001, 03:56 AM
1Bad69
Safety Car

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Mac)

some people have no concept of customer service.... :mad
who was the guy she dealt with..employee,manager???
Old 12-28-2001, 06:37 AM
69er
Team Owner

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Steve,I waited 7+ weeks and then cancelled my order.
I thought they'd give me a problem because they called bright blue a special order but they didn't.
Romeo is supposed to have the best carpet quality.
You just have to be willing to wait but I don't know how long.
Old 12-28-2001, 08:42 AM
Dalannex
Safety Car

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (69er)

I ordered carpet from them once as well. After 4 weeks I called and cancelled my order. I ordered from Mid America and had the new carpet in under 2 weeks.
Old 12-28-2001, 09:43 AM
BigBlockVette
Pro

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Dalannex)

My buddy ordered from them for his '78 (red carpet) last September. Still no carpet. The bad part is, I recomended him to them from all of the positive feedback from this forum last spring. One good thing, his car is in storage for winter, he can reorder from someone else.

Dwayne
Old 12-28-2001, 09:59 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 142 Likes on 125 Posts

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Ed T)

Why would anyone order from a jerk like that...I could not even get the guy to return a call period.to try and buy his Product!!.....that is when I decided to do my own. Some of the vendors out there are just rip-off artists in IMHO :eek:
Old 12-28-2001, 10:20 AM
Bohot
Pro

I'm amazed your wife actually spoke to someone, I couldn't ever get through to a live human...finally got tired of leaving messages...
:rolleyes:
Old 12-28-2001, 10:29 AM
Bill Meyer
Racer

Hopefully you can send the credit card company after them, also report them to the better business bureau. Sorry for your wife and her frustrations. :boxing
Old 12-28-2001, 10:49 AM
noskillz
Racer

I had always heard that Al Knock (sp?) was the guy to go to for vette interiors. He has an awsome presense at the auto shows. Any one used him before??
Old 12-28-2001, 10:49 AM
QuickVet
Race Director

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Bill Meyer)

thanks for the warning. what is wrong with people today :rolleyes: :mad
Old 12-28-2001, 10:51 AM
PatG
Burning Brakes

Remember, Romeo always dies in the end. With service like this I expect the same fate for this company.
Old 12-28-2001, 11:01 AM
Terrys69coupe
Instructor

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Bill Meyer)

OH BOY my favorite subject ordered carpet in july so i could sell it deal fell through because guy thought i was holding out on him. My dad ended up buying it. and I just gave up on the 15th of this month with them.Ordered ACC came in 3 days. Romeo Eng is they worst company in the world .I think their is only one guy working their.His voice is on the answering mach and who i talked to on no less than 50 times .I got the same story that the rest of you guys got.No call backs no matter how much you threatened him.Hell i only live 45 min from the guy.If you all chip in (for bail money) I'll send him our regards.He's one sorry #$%^&* %^#&*@ :boxing :mad :mad
Old 12-28-2001, 01:59 PM
Steve Straus
Safety Car

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Ed T)

Glad to see We're not alone. I think this is a one-man operation.

Ed, What's the number for Willcox? I've heard ACC carpet is a crap shoot, sometimes it's really good and sometimes it's really bad. I was thinking of going with Al Knoch. They're expensive, but I saw their products at carlisle and was EXTREMELY impressed.

--
Steve
Old 12-28-2001, 04:18 PM
SmokedTires
Le Mans Master

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Cruise-In III Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05

I'm amazed that a business can suvive today with customer service like that (or lack of) :confused: . I guess I was a lucky one to get my carpet from then in just 3 weeks. Their service sucked a year ago & hasn't changed a bit. Must be they aren't looking for a whole lot of business if people are constantly cancelling orders :nonod: .
Old 12-28-2001, 04:36 PM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Terrys69coupe)

.........Hell i only live 45 min from the guy.If you all chip in (for bail money) I'll send him our regards........
Geez Terry, I'd be careful about making what could be taken as a threat on a public forum......
Old 12-28-2001, 05:23 PM
Terrys69coupe
Instructor

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (KenSny)

Thanks KenSny don't want to end up a DR. Rebuild poster child.It just kills me.I've ordered a lot of parts wide assortment ie. lift kits, vet parts, motor swap kits, motorcycle big bore kits you name it I've probably blown money on it . for my toys and have never. Had to wait 6 months for a little piece of black carpet.No custom work or fabrication just crappy butt carpet.Its just insane and the fact that I waited 6 months to tell him thanks for nothing.Blows my mind. :mad .Can you tell this has ate me up!

Get notified of new replies

To [Warning] Romeo Engineering

Old 12-28-2001, 07:06 PM

I installed ACC carpet in my 77.It was the first time I Installed carpet.Nice fit and not that hard to install. :cheers: Chuck
Old 12-29-2001, 10:49 AM
KenSny
Melting Slicks

Received 276 Likes on 201 Posts

Default Re: [Warning] Romeo Engineering (Terrys69coupe)

I talked to this guy, or one of his employes, at one of the swap meets I went to a couple of years ago when I was looking for carpets. He did not seem to want to spend any time talking with me, even though no one else was around. I ended up ordering from a local Corvette shop here and I got ACC carpets.
Old 12-29-2001, 03:10 PM
Gary79
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

this guy is a member of the NFL (not for long)!! i called this guy back last spring and he said he was real busy and to call back. i tried a couple of times and then i got leery cuz (1) never seen an ad for this guy in any mags and (2) no web site, in this day and age everyone in business has a website. so i ordered ACC from The Last Detail for $225,and had the carpet in 3 days,ground shipped from UPS. the carpet was okay,could have been thicker and the fit was good,a little trimming but that's to be expected.

Quick Reply: [Warning] Romeo Engineering