C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

69 Vacuum tank removal.

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 09:56 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default 69 Vacuum tank removal.

While I'm waiting on some parts to be delivered I figured I do a few things that I have been putting off. Last year I was able to patch a couple holes in my vacuum tank with J.B. Weld, without pulling the tank. Well, I want to fix the tank right, I want to weld up the holes and that requires that I pull the tank.
I spent about 2 hours this afternoon wrestling with the darned thing, trying to pull it out. I thought that once I got it unbolted and the splash guard off the bottom of the car that I could drop it out the bottom. There is no way that it will fit down between the frame and the fender well.
There isn't enough clearence going out the top due to the power-brake booster.
With the heads off the car, there looks like there might be enough room going that direction (if I unbolt the steering column from the rag-joint.)
Please tell me I don't have to pull the PB booster!!
Old 12-27-2001, 11:07 PM
A C
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In II Veteran

Default Re: 69 Vacuum tank removal. (Smokehouse69)

My dad remembers taking one out a while back, and he seems to think he had the head off as well, and did not have to take out the brake booster. He also said it was not easy to get in and out :smash:

AC
Old 12-28-2001, 01:13 AM
Geoff H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

want the bad news ???????????? i did mine a while ago, and yup the power booster had to go, undo the master cyl, but if u have brakes, dont undo lines just carefully push/bend out of the way (GENTLY) and slip booster out and there ya go.
Now i cannot remember if i had the engine in or out, so cannot comment on the head question, but i would nearly put money on the engine wasnt in and i still had to pull booster
sorry..................
Old 12-31-2001, 09:48 PM
Duke94
Le Mans Master

Received 258 Likes on 210 Posts

Took mine out of a 71' by removing the M/C and booster.

Get notified of new replies

To 69 Vacuum tank removal.

Quick Reply: 69 Vacuum tank removal.