C1 & C2 Corvettes General C1 Corvette & C2 Corvette Discussion, Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Project Builds, Restorations

youwish2bme, show us what you have built! And your knowledge of cars!

Search this Thread

Old 07-12-2008, 09:16 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default youwish2bme, show us what you have built! And your knowledge of cars!

Since this forum member continues to reply to my posts with negativity, I would love to see what he has done in the automotive industry. He challenges me, and I agree my memory and physical abilities have somewhat digressed, but I am sick of his comments that are pointless. So lets see what he has accomplished! Post your stuff MR youwish2bme

I put the photos back on Photobucket as requested from the PMs I received. Enjoy!

Last edited by Kensmith; 07-14-2008 at 11:12 AM.
Old 07-12-2008, 10:40 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

ttt, we are all waiting to see your stuff......come on......lets see it! You who can't tell the difference between an air cleaner and fuel injection! Stop shooting from the hip MR Uwish2bsomeone! Turn over a new leaf and help other VS smart little remarks. Then maybe other members will like you? And maybe even wish2bu!
Old 07-12-2008, 11:23 PM
Marks69BB
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Regroup!

I think you need to back off. He has helped many people on this forum including me with his first-hand knowledge of how to do what many on here think they know. I was all but stranded at Myrtle Beach when my right rear bearing on the 65 froze up on my pass-side trailing arm. He was there for the same car show and helped me working all weekend by replacing my whole pass side trailing arm when he could have been enjoying the beach with his wife. He also came to my house to help me swap the 2X4 setup onto my 60 and adjust the carbs.

He has had the engine out of his car many times and knows exactly what he's doing on any midyear. He also rebuilt his hardtop which is not a DIY project for very many on this forum. He posted how-to pics and dialogue on how to do it on this forum also. I think you need to search on his name to review his many helpful posts and really get to know who you are accusing of being a know-nothing!

What have you done that is comparable?
Old 07-12-2008, 11:29 PM
Kensmith
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Originally Posted by Marks69BB
I think you need to back off. He has helped many people on this forum including me with his first-hand knowledge of how to do what many on here think they know. I was all but stranded at Myrtle Beach when my right rear bearing on the 65 froze up on my pass-side trailing arm. He was there for the same car show and helped me working all weekend by replacing my whole pass side trailing arm when he could have been enjoying the beach with his wife. He also came to my house to help me swap the 2X4 setup onto my 60 and adjust the carbs.

He has had the engine out of his car many times and knows exactly what he's doing on any midyear. He also rebuilt his hardtop which is not a DIY project for very many on this forum. He posted how-to pics and dialogue on how to do it on this forum also. I think you need to search on his name to review his many helpful posts and really get to know who you are accusing of being a know-nothing!

What have you done that is comparable?
I didn't start this. He has dogged me on several of my posts and refuses to stop. Here is the latest and you tell me if I started this war?

http://forums.corvetteforum.com/show....php?t=2075800
Old 07-12-2008, 11:43 PM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Dave (youwish2bme) was providing a lot of help to another forum member,bmcnitt, when he signed off the forum last night at 8:11PM, E.S.T., Dave mentioned that he was in Germany and it was 2AM. That would suggest that it's now 3:36AM in Germany and I'm sure that he's sound asleep. This might be a classic example of letting 'sleeping dogs lay'!

Originally Posted by youwish2bme
Take a pic of the dizzy with the cap off we might see what the problem is... You guys be good, It's 0200 here in Germany and I'm going to sleep...

Dave

- Pat
Old 07-13-2008, 12:08 AM
CaveCreekChump
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Speaking as somewhat of an expert on smartasses...

...I recognize another smartass when I see one. That's probably because it takes one to know one.

Credentials established, I must say that I suspect Kensmith is a little thin-skinned. Often the goal of a smartass is audience entertainment rather than piling on some hapless, befuddled and confused victim.

Smartasses often go for the jugular, even when they don't really mean to inflict much harm.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:22 AM
Harps
Le Mans Master

Received 137 Likes on 51 Posts

Ken,

You and I have never met, so I can't speak directly to your knowledge, character, experience with cars, or anything as a person. And that is fine, there are thousands of us on this forum, so no problemo there. Ok? Cool...

I can speak for Dave (uwish) for I have known him for several years now and he is flat out as straight up of a person as they come. If you look up in the dictionary "What you see, is what you get", then there will be a picture of Dave Hitchens. He's just good ole', down honest, a good person, and in this day (even outside of this hobby) that is soooo freaking hard to come by.

Another thing about Dave, and this may be the most important and Mark above has shown a little light on this subject... If you are in need of some help and wrench turning, then Dave is there to help you. If you have a question on something, then Dave is there to help you. And he doesn't ask for anything in return. See, you probably don't see that this much, because this is the kind of stuff Dave does for some of us, just because he loves to help people out and that is the real kind of guy he is. He doesn't come on the forum and say, "hey, I helped this guy out with this, and then I helped this guy out with that". He just does it, and doesn't ask for anything in return. Nor does he care what you, I, or anyone else thinks about it either. Tell me how many people you know that would to any of that, and not ask for something in return.

On that last note, yes, he will speak his mind and say things that may come across to some wrong, and that may be the issue with you and your thread you posted, or anything from the past. I don't know what your beef is with Dave, and really don't care. Nor do I care what Dave's beef is with you. But I will stand up for him any day of the week and tell you he knows his sh*t, more than most of us our age, and some that are older.

So, you tell me how many 30 something (age verification here...) guys care this much about these old cars, or any old cars, and wants to try and help out others. Dave is one of those that cares. That is 1st class in my book brother! Regardless of beef's or if someone rubs you wrong with a post on a stupid forum.

Yes, I am standing up for my buddy here on this one, because he's a man of character, especially when you know him in person, and he deserves it.

Rob Harper
Raleigh, NC

Last edited by Harps; 07-13-2008 at 12:31 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:24 AM
vettebuyer6369
Administrator

Location: About 1100 miles from where I call home. Blue lives matter.
Received 5,321 Likes on 2,770 Posts

Not taking anyone's side here, but starting a thread like this cannot lead to anything productive, except possibly vacation time and more arguments.

I have a couple of people that get under my skin for whatever reason and I just use the good ol' "ignore" function, and it really helps me keep my blood pressure down. This stuff won't solve anything.
Old 07-13-2008, 12:28 AM
Jeff Garner
Melting Slicks

Received 40 Likes on 29 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensmith
ttt, we are all waiting to see your stuff......come on......lets see it! You who can't tell the difference between an air cleaner and fuel injection! Stop shooting from the hip MR Uwish2bsomeone! Turn over a new leaf and help other VS smart little remarks. Then maybe other members will like you? And maybe even wish2bu!
"Ken, Start out like you can hold out"

And what Mark and Rob said. Dave's a great guy and he offers help and suggestions to those that will listen. Jeff G.

Last edited by Jeff Garner; 07-13-2008 at 12:36 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 04:41 AM
Hitch
Race Director

Received 164 Likes on 109 Posts

Originally Posted by Kensmith
Since this forum member continues to reply to my posts with negativity, I would love to see what he has done in the automotive industry. He challenges me, and I agree my memory and physical abilities have somewhat digressed, but I am sick of his comments that are pointless. So lets see what he has accomplished! Post your stuff MR youwish2bme
I can't say it any better than those have already posted above but just to show a little of my work sure here you go. I have even helped you in numerous posts about this or that. No good can come of you calling me out on the forum. I find your posts entertaining but the multiple threads about the same things is irritating.

I challenge you because of your posts. Some days it appears you are a master mechanic other days it appears you've never held a wrench. My posts are not pointless they lead to trying to uncover the truth. I will help anyone that I can and have. Never asking for anything I love old cars and helping others. If you don't like what I have to say add me to your ignore list.

It's quite simple go to your User Control Panel and select the buddy/ignore list. Type the person's screen name in there a viola you don't see that person's posts threads etc...

Good luck with your car

Old 07-13-2008, 08:05 AM
67L36Driver
Safety Car

Received 24 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Vettebuyer5869
Not taking anyone's side here, but starting a thread like this cannot lead to anything productive, except possibly vacation time and more arguments.

I have a couple of people that get under my skin for whatever reason and I just use the good ol' "ignore" function, and it really helps me keep my blood pressure down. This stuff won't solve anything.

Ignore function works very well indeed.

I smell a Thread Lock coming on.
Old 07-13-2008, 08:24 AM
Black_Magic
Safety Car

Received 448 Likes on 205 Posts
2020 Corvette of the Year (appearance mods)
C2 of Year Winner (appearance mods) 2019
CI 4-5-7-9-10-11 Car Show Winner
CI 2-3-4-5-6-7-9-10-11 Vet

If you have a beef then PM or EMAIL or TELEPHONE and try to resolve.

Calling someone out in public lowers your status.

FOOD FOR THOUGHT.....Remember this….You don’t like someone’s (uwish) post…Well maybe, just maybe, not everyone likes your posts (especially this thread)…

$.02

George
Old 07-13-2008, 08:48 AM
vic z
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

What a great time to steal a thread. I believe its a good time to slip these ones in. Remember laughter is a cure for a lot of things.Vic Z.

A PLANE IS ON ITS WAY TO TORONTO, WHEN A BLONDE IN ECONOMY CLASS GETS UP, AND MOVES TO THE FIRST CLASS SECTION AND SITS DOWN.

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT WATCHES HER DO THIS, AND ASKS TO SEE HER TICKET.

SHE THEN TELLS THE BLONDE THAT SHE PAID FOR ECONOMY CLASS, AND THAT SHE WILL HAVE TO SIT IN THE BACK.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, 'I'M BLONDE, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M GOING TO TORONTO AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE.'

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT GOES INTO THE COCKPIT AND TELLS THE PILOT AND THE CO-PILOT THAT THERE IS A BLONDE
BIMBO SITTING IN FIRST CLASS, THAT BELONGS IN ECONOMY, AND WON'T MOVE BACK TO HER SEAT.

THE CO-PILOT GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND TRIES TO EXPLAIN THAT BECAUSE SHE ONLY PAID FOR ECONOMY SHE
WILL HAVE TO LEAVE AND RETURN TO HER SEAT.

THE BLONDE REPLIES, 'I'M BLONDE, I'M BEAUTIFUL, I'M GOING TO TORONTO AND I'M STAYING RIGHT HERE.'

THE CO-PILOT TELLS THE PILOT THAT HE PROBABLY SHOULD HAVE THE POLICE WAITING WHEN THEY LAND TO ARREST
THIS BLONDE WOMAN WHO WON'T LISTEN TO REASON.

THE PILOT SAYS, 'YOU SAY SHE IS A BLONDE? I'LL HANDLE THIS, I'M MARRIED TO A BLONDE. I SPEAK BLONDE.'

HE GOES BACK TO THE BLONDE AND WHISPERS IN HER EAR, AND SHE SAYS, 'OH, I'M SORRY.' AND GETS UP AND GOES
BACK TO HER SEAT IN ECONOMY..

THE FLIGHT ATTENDANT AND CO-PILOT ARE AMAZED AND ASKED HIM WHAT HE SAID TO MAKE HER MOVE WITHOUT
ANY FUSS.

I TOLD HER, FIRST CLASS ISN'T GOING TO TORONTO !

One more :

Fish Story

A man was on the water for his weekly fishing trip. He began his day with an
8-pound bass on the first cast and a 7-pounder on the second.
On the third cast he had just caught his first ever bass over 11 pounds when his
cell phone rang.

It was a doctor notifying him that his wife had just been in a terrible accident
and was in critical condition and in the ICU.. The man told the doctor to inform
his wife where he was and that he'd be there as soon as possible. As he hung up
he realized he was leaving what was shaping up to be his best day ever on the
water.

He decided to get in a couple of more casts before heading to the hospital. He
ended up fishing the rest of the morning, finishing his trip with a stringer
like he'd never seen, with 3 bass over 10 pounds.

He was jubilant

Then he remembered his wife. Feeling guilty, he dashed to the hospital.
He saw the doctor in the corridor and asked about his wife's condition.

The doctor glared at him and shouted, 'You went ahead and finished your fishing
trip didn't you! I hope you're proud of yourself! While you were out for the
past four hours enjoying yourself on the pond, your wife has been languishing in
the ICU! It's just as well you went ahead and finished, because it will be more
than likely the last fishing trip you ever take!'

'For the rest of her life she will require 'round the clock care. And you'll be
her care giver forever!' The man was feeling so guilty he broke down and sobbed.

The doctor then chuckled and said, 'I'm just f_cking with you. She's dead.

What'd you catch?'
Old 07-13-2008, 09:15 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

A guy walks into the bar with a set of jumper cables around his neck, yells to the bartender, CAN I GET A BEER ? the Bartender yells back, Ok but DONT BE STARTING ANYTHING.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:32 AM
Qblue92
Le Mans Master

Received 18 Likes on 17 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08

You should have PMed him and told him not to respond to any of your threads or comments.
Old 07-13-2008, 09:38 AM
silverslashstreak
Drifting

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Hey Dave, great on ramp video---You know they say a picture is worth a 1000 words, well I think a video says it all. Good to see you young guys out here in the vette hobby.

Jeff
Old 07-13-2008, 09:48 AM
C2Driver
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Bowtyeguy
A guy walks into the bar with a set of jumper cables around his neck, yells to the bartender, CAN I GET A BEER ? the Bartender yells back, Ok but DONT BE STARTING ANYTHING.

Paul, did you hear about the seniors group of C1/C2 Corvette owners meeting for their Sunday morning coffee? They were discussing their medical problems at the local doughnut shop.

'Do you realize,' said one, 'My arm is so weak I can hardly hold this coffee cup.'

'Yes, I know.' replied the second, 'My cataracts are so bad I can't see to pour the coffee.'

'I can't turn my head,' rejoined the third, 'because of the arthritis in my neck.'

'My blood pressure pills make my dizzy,' commented the fourth, adding, 'I guess that's the price we pay for getting old.'

'Well, it's not all bad.' piped up the first, 'We should be thankful that we can still drive the Vettes.'

- Pat

Get notified of new replies

To youwish2bme, show us what you have built! And your knowledge of cars!

Old 07-13-2008, 09:56 AM
Bowtyeguy
Le Mans Master

Received 513 Likes on 354 Posts

I never had a Cataract but I had a couple Rincolns.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:04 AM
Frankie the Fink
Team Owner

Received 7,082 Likes on 4,736 Posts
Army

I just had to laugh at the WISH2BEME photos of his half shafts sitting on pieces of Oriental carpet. I have some carpet just like that which gets used a lot for Corvette parts (the wife doesn't know it yet). It will NEVER be fit to go back in the house.

And yes, the IGNORE function here is a nice feature. I IGNORE only one person but it works great and keeps me from having to deal with inane flames and groundless aspersions. Which is comical cuz I make no pretense of being any kind of expert on Corvettes - my '61 is my first and probably my last, and I've only owned it a year. However, I have worked on a lot of 283/327 Chevy passenger cars over the years and will gently give advice if I feel somebody is getting ready to booger something up. They can take it or leave it and if somebody more knowledgeable (and there are dozens) pipes up to help then I back off.

Last edited by Frankie the Fink; 07-13-2008 at 11:28 AM.
Old 07-13-2008, 10:39 AM
RoadKing96
Drifting

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Harps
Ken,

You and I have never met, so I can't speak directly to your knowledge, character, experience with cars, or anything as a person. And that is fine, there are thousands of us on this forum, so no problemo there. Ok? Cool...

I can speak for Dave (uwish) for I have known him for several years now and he is flat out as straight up of a person as they come. If you look up in the dictionary "What you see, is what you get", then there will be a picture of Dave Hitchens. He's just good ole', down honest, a good person, and in this day (even outside of this hobby) that is soooo freaking hard to come by.

Another thing about Dave, and this may be the most important and Mark above has shown a little light on this subject... If you are in need of some help and wrench turning, then Dave is there to help you. If you have a question on something, then Dave is there to help you. And he doesn't ask for anything in return. See, you probably don't see that this much, because this is the kind of stuff Dave does for some of us, just because he loves to help people out and that is the real kind of guy he is. He doesn't come on the forum and say, "hey, I helped this guy out with this, and then I helped this guy out with that". He just does it, and doesn't ask for anything in return. Nor does he care what you, I, or anyone else thinks about it either. Tell me how many people you know that would to any of that, and not ask for something in return.

On that last note, yes, he will speak his mind and say things that may come across to some wrong, and that may be the issue with you and your thread you posted, or anything from the past. I don't know what your beef is with Dave, and really don't care. Nor do I care what Dave's beef is with you. But I will stand up for him any day of the week and tell you he knows his sh*t, more than most of us our age, and some that are older.

So, you tell me how many 30 something (age verification here...) guys care this much about these old cars, or any old cars, and wants to try and help out others. Dave is one of those that cares. That is 1st class in my book brother! Regardless of beef's or if someone rubs you wrong with a post on a stupid forum.

Yes, I am standing up for my buddy here on this one, because he's a man of character, especially when you know him in person, and he deserves it.

Rob Harper
Raleigh, NC
Ken, I 1000% agree with Rob's assessment of Dave. I've know both of these boys for almost a year now and can't say enough good stuff about both and their knowledge and accomplishments. If Dave's comments were bothering you, I also think you should have PM'd or eMail'd him directly to discuss.

Please believe that I don't believe ANYONE here is piling on or taking sides against you, just your post. It is just not productive to call someone out here, who is so knowledgeable and very willing to share and actually get dirty wrenching to promote the hobby.

Group Hug

David Duell
Holly Springs, NC

Last edited by RoadKing96; 07-13-2008 at 10:42 AM.

Quick Reply: youwish2bme, show us what you have built! And your knowledge of cars!