C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes...

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 08:23 AM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes...

For everyone who has done a frame off restoration you know what I am about to go through. Got a call that our house is sold and we close Jan31. :) Man, I already have stuff that I cannot find on my restoration and now got to pack everything up to move. This could be fun...not..well, maybe I will find some of that other stuff. I know I can push the rolling frame on a trailer and perhaps the body dolly will roll on the trailer too. To try and pack everything up and mark it will be fun to say the least. :nonod: oh yea, we haven't picked out another house yet either..got to find one while we are at it :jester Hopefully all will go well and we end up with a detached 3 car garage..quit dreaming Neil..Hopefully all will go well and I will be able to find where everything ends up after the move. Anybody got any advise on what to do to make this move eaiser??? Off to work I go,
Thanks as always,
Neil in Tenn
Old 12-27-2001, 08:31 AM
454Big
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Nomad78SA)

Neil,
good luck with finding your 3 garage home!
I wish I could give you a good hint on packing and storing, but I´m suffering from the same chaos problem......
:jester :blueangel:
Old 12-27-2001, 09:39 AM
Gordonm
Race Director

Received 754 Likes on 464 Posts

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (454Big)

I went through the same. Moved in the middle. I had the driveline back in and set teh body back on but parts were everywhere. I did not lose anything but it dragged out the work for another year. The move took most of the time and setting up a new house (the wife had different priorities than me). It all worked out OK just took more time. We also had two kids during this time which did not help the resto time line.

[Modified by Gordonm, 8:40 AM 12/27/2001]
Old 12-27-2001, 09:48 AM
72vetteman
Pro

Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Nomad78SA)

Neil, any chance of moving to the Atlanta area? I have just the house for you. It has a detached four bay garage on over an acre :yesnod: I just happen to be a Realtor in North Atlanta ;) . Anyway, good luck and let me know if I can help.
Old 12-27-2001, 08:21 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Ed T)

Thanks for the support.
Yea, we are staying here in Clarksville TN but it will be a chore finding time to pack, look at homes and setting up dates to get things done. I work days and my wife works part time at night so we miss each other somewhat. Humm.. I just let her pick out the house and tell me where to take everything.
Neil in Tenn
Old 12-27-2001, 10:08 PM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Neil,
Bolt a seat on your chassis, put the steering wheel back on and drive it to your new house! :) That's sure to make a good impression on your new neighbors.
Good luck on the move, I hate the thought of moving worse than just about I can think of.
Old 12-27-2001, 10:18 PM
SILVRTOY
Racer

Neil.......any chance the new owner will let you rent out your old garage. Just kidding :rolleyes:
Old 12-27-2001, 10:35 PM
paso
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Smokehouse69)

Congratulations on selling the house. That project of yours was going too smooth anyway:) :) Now the move will really test your skills. :) I thought you liked puzzles. Here's hoping a big garage/shop is in your future. Tell the wife she needs a super big kitchen and a master bedroom with double walk in closets. :) tell her all your stuff will fit in the garage.:)
Old 12-27-2001, 10:35 PM
67HEAVEN
Le Mans Master

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Smokehouse69)

Neil,
Bolt a seat on your chassis, put the steering wheel back on and drive it to your new house! :) That's sure to make a good impression on your new neighbors.
Yaaaaaa baby! I'm there!
Old 12-27-2001, 10:39 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

That's going to be fun :crazy:

Good luck finding a new place. Hope you get the garage you're looking for. :cheers:
Old 12-27-2001, 10:39 PM
LT1driver
Le Mans Master

Received 33 Likes on 33 Posts

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Ed T)

Been there, done that. In 85 was renting house and VA took it back from guy I rented from, I had two weeks to move, all my hard efforts to keep things in place were for nil, couldn't take off work, had to find new place and move in short time, did it but lost some time and motivation after the fact. of well. :lol: Good luck. :cheers:
Old 12-27-2001, 11:34 PM
Nomad78SA
Drifting

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (LT1driver)

LT1 sounds like you had your hands full. She showed me a house she looked at and liked tonight. Of course I only got to see it from the outside and in the dark....I know, I know..she really does love me..It has a 2 car garage with separate doors..lets see.corvette behind door #1 and 68 GTO behind door #2 wifes 2000 GMC truck out in the driveway..wait a minute, I think I got this wrong. The house overlooks the river so the yard is all downhill but wooded so no place to build a detached but there is a big turn around in front of the garage that could be expanded.hummmmmmmm. House is 2,450 Sq ft which appeals to my better half. I hope I use the better half of my brain when I choose. Anyway, I have 3 kids at home,18 year old girl in 12th grade, 13 year old Boy, 3 year old Boy that I need to provide for. Anyway, day 1 down..here is a pic of the house today
Neil in Tenn
Old 12-28-2001, 01:17 AM
Rolling Thunder
Safety Car
Support Corvetteforum!

Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03

As slick willie used to say, "I feel your pain". :D Wife has convinced me that I need a four car, two bedroom (one for me and one for the grandson)garage in the back yard. You've seen the mess in my garage and what has to be parked outside. :rolleyes:

Nice looking house, I bet the boys would love it. Let's see, with the middle one being 13, he's just about ready for his first project car. :) If Jennifer stays local for college, I'm not sure four spaces will do it. :lol: Either way, good luck and enjoy the process.

Dave
Old 12-28-2001, 08:50 AM
vert2go89
Burning Brakes

Cruise-In I Veteran

Default Re: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes... (Gordonm)

Well they say moving is a real pita but I think you outdid what anyone else could say was a moving pita.Hopefully the buyers don't think the contents of garage were included in the price.What a way to get the man to say I really want this house.lol

Get notified of new replies

To Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes...

Quick Reply: Sold our house in middle of 78 frame off restoration Yikes...