C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

AGGGHHH wiper door install

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2001, 02:20 AM
Geoff H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default AGGGHHH wiper door install

My 69 is almost complete except wiper door. slung it on today, put mechanism in first, but the door seems not to go back towards the windscreen enuff, and sits high at windscreen end and low at wiper grille end.
Is there adjustment for this????????????
help???????? :confused: :confused: :confused:
Old 12-27-2001, 06:40 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: AGGGHHH wiper door install (Geoff H)

There are shims on the cowling end where the 3 groups of 2 bolts each go...
also the ends fasten to clips into the windshield steel, and of course the throw of the vacuum module is adjusted by the arm length bolt with jamb nut....there are stops on either end with bolts adjust.....make sure all 4 pivot bolts are ok in the door on either end....to aid in that install, I cut slots into the bolt end, and take a 1/8 inch screwdriver through the hole to aid in spinning them home....then daub some black RTV in the outer end of the hole to hold them in place.....

GENE
Old 12-27-2001, 03:30 PM
Geoff H
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: AGGGHHH wiper door install (mrvette)

Thanks , i had a look and there are no shims at all so will make some today and start fiddling. excellent idea about slotting end of bolts.

:D :D
Old 12-27-2001, 06:10 PM
Techno
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Default Re: AGGGHHH wiper door install (Geoff H)

Those tiny shouldered pivot bolts are the nightmare thing with the mechanism. If you haven't put them in yet slop some anti sieze on them.

The only other item is the switch that tells the wiper motor its safe to turn on. The door activates it only when its fully open. Just a little bit from fully open and the switch is saying the door is open so the wipers don't work
Old 12-27-2001, 06:17 PM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: AGGGHHH wiper door install (Techno)

Techno, now you are getting into that damnable wiper door adjustment sequence or some such.....if you can call it that....
if the wipers are not all the way down...that looks can be deceiving on that....the door settles down the way he described...windshiled edge up, and vent edge down....so the electrical kill switch is killing wipers too soon, I THINK,.....much less that dammable vacuum switch on the pass side blade if that' not right, somehow things are screwed up again....

some day maybe, just maybe I can find out how to simplify that whole design.....I think maybe just a switch to open the damn thing, and then close it,....then and only then the wiper can operate....I dunno, I just know being frustrated in my design of the intermettant wipers...it's a bitch....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To AGGGHHH wiper door install

Quick Reply: AGGGHHH wiper door install