C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Parking brake light on

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2001, 02:26 AM
8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE
Race Director

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Default Parking brake light on

I went cruising around the island today.....north shore was chopy and the weather was great....not a drop of rain on the car....however while cruising along the coast...parking brake light came on.....and stayed on...no matter how many times I flipped the brake handle down...still stayed on.....you guys think the switch went bad just like that?......I don't know if this also indicates low brake fluid,...I did stop to check the levels of both reservoirs and they were right up to the top......I even disconnected the battery and reconnected to see if the light would extinguish....still on....anyone have this happen to them? :confused: Aloha.....Cappy :seeya
Old 12-26-2001, 07:59 AM
Chuck Gongloff
Race Director
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 561 Likes on 349 Posts

Default Re: Parking brake light on (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

Could be either. If there is imbalance between the front and rear brake systems, the light will come on. You might have air in the system. Usually pumping the brake a few times will extinguish the light. Bleeding the system should correct the problem. There is a switch under the brake handle which completes the ground circuit that lights the light when the parking brake is on. Might be a problem with the wire coming loose. Chuck
Old 12-26-2001, 09:38 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 143 Likes on 126 Posts

Default Re: Parking brake light on (8T1-7T9 BIONIC VETTE)

My Car did this and it was low on brake fluid becaus of a leaking caliper which suddenly seem to have happenned...Oh well another thing to fix

Get notified of new replies

To Parking brake light on

Quick Reply: Parking brake light on