Audio/Electronics Stereo System Installation Info, Amplifiers, Subwoofers, Radar Detectors, Police Scanners, and CB Radios for the Corvette

CSelz C5 Install Pics

Search this Thread

Old 06-30-2008, 08:30 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

Default CSelz C5 Install Pics

Chris brought his 99 Heads/Cam/Exhaust/Gears FRC over to me for some stereo work.

Source Unit: Eclipse CD5000 w/ HUMOUNT
Front Components: Elemental Designs EDI 6500s
Amp: Elemental Designs Nine.2
Rear Fill: Infinity 5 1/4 coaxials
Sound Deadner: EDEAD V1SE2
Wiring: KnuKonceptz

Some Deadner in the front doors

EDI6500s mounted in the doors, with the crossovers stashed under the dash

Rear speaker location all deadened

Coaxials mounted up in factory locations to be powered by headunit for fill

Nine.2 mounted behind passenger seat, minimal seat travel lost

Eclipse CD5000 mounted in the HUMOUNT with a switch in place of the cigarette lighter to allow turning off the illuminated mount off

we also did a hardwire of his radar detector for him

Modred door panels

Fuse holder and battery cover

Finally some shots of the car

Stereo sounds amazing, the 6500s throw down some solid midrange no sub needed in this system for Chris. With the system faded forward the real fill actually blends pretty nice and adds to the system. The nine2 behind the seat makes for a very stealth install. The CD5000 blends very nicely with Chris car. Soon to come is red LEDs for everything and Red lights under the dash which should really set the car off. Stereo is basically set flat and when we do the LEDs we will do some tuning as the book for the eclipse is basically a bible.

Questions comments
Old 06-30-2008, 09:52 PM
mcgilles
Melting Slicks

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

looks great. one comment though, you should really consider trying to mount the tweeters somewhere else. I did my first install with the tweeters mounted in that location, and I thought it sounded good until I moved them up where they are aimed better. the difference was like night and day. I can't even describe how much better it sounds with the tweeters move.

if this does it any justice, I have boston Pro60's in my front doors and SL65's in the rear locations on my coupe. both run with the same amount of power and with the front tweeters located in the lower door panel position you literally could not hear the pro60's at all unless you put your head down next to them. the sound of the SL65's right behind you drowns them out. move the tweeters in to a better aimed position and all of a sudden the system is perfectly balanced and you can really hear the Pro's and the SL's the way they were meant to be heard.

Just something to consider, its truly amazing how much better sound you can get just by moving the tweets.
Old 06-30-2008, 10:38 PM
pentavolvo
Le Mans Master

Received 19 Likes on 19 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

ive done em in both spots, ive done tons of C5 installs and I find they blend better down low with these speakers
Old 06-30-2008, 10:55 PM
0Double D Mods
Former Vendor
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 132 Likes on 101 Posts
St. Jude Donor '12-'13

Looks great Greg

I am working on getting the wife to want something for a new stereo in the new Sky
Old 07-01-2008, 05:01 PM
Silver JD
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My compliments to you. Your work has given me good ideas for my own project. I do not want to hijack this thread so I sent you a PM with a couple of install questions.

Thanks from a student of your work.

Regards,
JD
Old 07-01-2008, 05:46 PM
nextime
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Looks like some nice speakers you installed, do they cost much if I may ask?

I am planning to install speakers soon, I got the HU installed with the Soundgate harness but the BOSE SUCKS!
Old 07-02-2008, 11:55 AM
Fuzzy Walnuts
Burning Brakes

Once again....a system without a sub is like a birthday cake without frosting and candles!!!!!
Old 07-02-2008, 12:31 PM
teddyca
Le Mans Master

Received 421 Likes on 319 Posts

The work looks great. I have also installed the tweeters in different locations and it seems to sound better closer to the midbass speaker. It is recomended they are no more then about 6-8" apart. I use MB Quarts in many of my installs and find that the "angled" cups pointed at about 2 o'clock sounds best. Again great work yoda
Old 07-02-2008, 12:45 PM
TOOGECKO
Melting Slicks

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Stereo sounds amazing, the 6500s throw down some solid midrange no sub needed in this system for Chris. With the system faded forward the real fill actually blends pretty nice and adds to the system. The nine2 behind the seat makes for a very stealth install. The CD5000 blends very nicely with Chris car. Soon to come is red LEDs for everything and Red lights under the dash which should really set the car off. Stereo is basically set flat and when we do the LEDs we will do some tuning as the book for the eclipse is basically a bible.

Questions comments
Looks fantastic, very clean install . I had a CD5000 and replaced it with a CD7100. It was a very nice HU. The Eclipse manual is terrible IMHO. I am still playing with my CD7100 after a year and the manual is a little help at best. Eclipse is not known for their great technical support
Old 07-02-2008, 05:09 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by TOOGECKO
Looks fantastic, very clean install . I had a CD5000 and replaced it with a CD7100. It was a very nice HU. The Eclipse manual is terrible IMHO. I am still playing with my CD7100 after a year and the manual is a little help at best. Eclipse is not known for their great technical support
didnt chris buy your old cd5000? I agree the manual is very little help.

Will, i agree. gotta have that sub stage but some don't want it/like it. Not everyone has the same tastes as we all know and have learned.
Old 07-02-2008, 05:27 PM
nextime
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did you buy or make the door mounts?
Old 07-02-2008, 05:40 PM
DPG
Le Mans Master

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by nextime
Did you buy or make the door mounts?

made from 1/2 mdf painted
Old 07-02-2008, 08:12 PM
cselz
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by pentavolvo
Chris brought his 99 Heads/Cam/Exhaust/Gears FRC over to me for some stereo work.

Source Unit: Eclipse CD5000 w/ HUMOUNT
Front Components: Elemental Designs EDI 6500s
Amp: Elemental Designs Nine.2
Rear Fill: Infinity 5 1/4 coaxials
Sound Deadner: EDEAD V1SE2
Wiring: KnuKonceptz

Questions comments
Hi kids...
A great big thanks to Dave and Greg for the great install and making it so convenient for me by doing it out near me and in record time too. The set-up sounds terrific and although I know a lot of you guys love sub woofers, I'm quite happy with this setup just as is AND it leaves room for the possible addition of a nitrous setup later (um maybe). Looking forward to the lighting piece when you're ready. Thanks again you two.

-Chris
Old 07-10-2008, 07:40 AM
o2z51
Melting Slicks

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Nice... Nothin like a system in a vette...
Old 07-18-2008, 09:18 PM
FreddyG
Le Mans Master

Received 27 Likes on 19 Posts

Great work Greg!

Get notified of new replies

To CSelz C5 Install Pics

Quick Reply: CSelz C5 Install Pics