C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Hey C3'rs lets remember

Old 12-25-2001, 01:37 AM
82dukman
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Hey C3'rs lets remember

I posted this in OT but I'm sure we have some from NY here. I will always rmember this pic and my condolences go out to those who lost family members/friends in the terrorist attacks. Let's keep them in our prayers especially during this season. :yesnod:
Old 12-25-2001, 01:51 AM
MikeE.79
Advanced

Default Re: Hey C3'rs lets remember (82dukman)

I agree with you 100%, we should remember them in our prayers for the Holidays are going to be kind of a sad time for many who lost loved ones in N.Y. Sept. 11th. :flag

Mike
Old 12-25-2001, 07:07 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Absolutely!! :blueangel:

My prayers go out to all the children and families affected by this tragedy. :sad:
Old 12-25-2001, 07:12 AM
78pace
Burning Brakes

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

God Bless them all and God Bless This Great country
Old 12-25-2001, 08:01 AM
Roy M
Instructor

First, this may be long and boring to a lot but will tell it anyway, I live in about 30 miles north of the Corvette plant. Another 10 miles north is a small community, Munfordville, KY. Now I will not name names but there was a little boy about 8 years old at the time, this was in 1998. He needed a bone marrow transplant. The first match that was found nationwide was the fireman shown in the picture on the left who is looking up at the flag. He donated the bone marrow and the boy has successfully recovered. This gentlemen has been to Munfordville twice since the bone marrow transplant to visit the young boy and the families have become friends. A couple of weeks ago, this little community held their annual Christmas parade. This gentleman and four other NYC firemen were asked to come and be the grand marshals of the parade. When the parade took place, this young boy was leading the parade carrying the flag followed by the firemen. They were treated as gods while they were in this area. I believe I heard that they said they loved the community and all wanted to return to this area in the future. Also, this community raised several thousand dollars for the NYC Fireman's Fund and took to New York and presented to them in the name of the fireman in the picture.
So I guess what I am trying to say is that there are many HEROES out there before 9/11/01 but the majority of the people are not aware of it.
Merry Christmas to one and all.
Old 12-25-2001, 08:08 AM
PatsLs1vette
Le Mans Master

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts

Default Re: Hey C3'rs lets remember (Roy M)

yes we cant forget the familys that lost alot in sept..right now were saying we got this and we got that,but what did they get?nothing they lost a loved one....sit back today and think how lucky we really are .
Old 12-25-2001, 08:17 AM
454Big
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I´m german, but I feel with your nation and for all the people, their families/ relatives and friends that lost someone in this tragedy!
My prayers are with you and your nation! :yesnod: :flag
Old 12-25-2001, 08:55 AM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: Hey C3'rs lets remember (454Big)

Great sentiment's 454big, I have to agreee with everything that has been said so far on this thread. I have gone out of my way this year to contribute to the 911 fund, give some $$ to a needy family at work. Pulled an angel off the tree at work to buy some clothes to a needy kid etc. It's a shame it took a tragedy like this in the country to wake some of us up to the fact that we have a lot more than others and it is our duty to help others less fortunate. I have learned a valuable lesson this year and my prayers go out to all affected by the events of 9/11.
Old 12-25-2001, 09:37 AM
ZD75blue
Race Director

I dont have any long stories to share, nor do i have any tragedies to share either...

I lost a loved one in the towers, every one in this country did... We all lost fellow Americans :flag :sad:

Everyone that needs help is always in my prayer, i may not know them, they may not know me, but may just maybe, i'm helping them.

ZD :cry

Merry Christmas you guys take care :sad:

[Modified by ZD75blue, 8:37 AM 12/25/2001]
Old 12-25-2001, 10:02 AM
Jarmo
Drifting

Default Re: Hey C3'rs lets remember (ZD75blue)

ZD,
with all due respect , Americans were not the only ones affected by this tragedy , many nationalities lost people including us Aussies.
The multi national task force to knock out the perpetrators bears credence to this beyond " normal " military ties.

Get notified of new replies

To Hey C3'rs lets remember

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hey C3'rs lets remember