C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Transmission problems

Search this Thread

Old 12-25-2001, 12:26 AM
xfactor974
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Transmission problems

So I'm working on putting the cooling lines in my new 700R4. The only problem is that the old ones are bent in the wrong direction. No problem here I just cut them out and through them in the garbage. :D . So, now I have 5/16th flare fittings in the transmission which I don't think go in there in the first place and 3/8 teflon stainless braided hose going to the trans cooler I bought. The only problem with that whole nice setup is that I can't seem to find any combination of fittings that will work with this. Any ideas? Have any of the guys here done this already and know what works?
Old 12-25-2001, 01:41 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Transmission problems (xfactor974)

I didn't go for the fancy stuff there, I just used some larger than 1/4 inch brake line....about maybe 5/16 or 3/8 and found easy adaptors to the Tranny....and hose clamped it with hydraulic hose to the induvidual cooler, completely bypassing the engine radiator....
bent with care while engine was removed, and then noticing a leak at the tranny, I cut a 4" hole in the tunnel to get a wrench on the lines to stop a leak...can't win....taped it up again with glue, in future, I can remove cover for access.....I recommend steel lines....

GENE

Quick Reply: Transmission problems