Notices
C6 Corvette ZR1 & Z06 General info about GM’s Corvette Supercar, LS9 Corvette Technical Info, Performance Upgrades, Suspension Setup for Street or Track
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Kraken

[Z06] Has anyone installed all the Pfadt Z06 products?

Search this Thread

Old 06-28-2008, 04:54 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Received 606 Likes on 225 Posts

Default Has anyone installed all the Pfadt Z06 products?

I'm putting together a list of mods I have planned for my car. I want to do the suspension first. I know the Z06 is obviously a very good handling car from the factory, but I feel there can be improvement as with all stock cars. I just took a look at the Pfadt website to see what they offer besides the coilovers and competition sway bars. There is a control arm kit too. My car will be strictly driven on the street.(maybe a HPDE in the future)I want a very tight feeling package with quick turn in, no body roll, and enhanced steering feel.
I know many of you have the Pfadt coilovers and competition sways on your cars and I've heard nothing but good feedback about they're products from you guys. Can someone please respond to what I have listed as for my suspension mods? Is it too much? anything I'm missing?suggestions welcomed please.
I'm NOT a professional driver, I just like to have a very cohesive, tight feeling package that will enhance my driving experience.

Engine work is next
Old 06-28-2008, 07:33 PM
Katech_Zach
Premium Supporting Vendor

Received 966 Likes on 528 Posts
C7 of Year Finalist (track prepared) 2019

Originally Posted by Stingray23
I'm putting together a list of mods I have planned for my car. I want to do the suspension first. I know the Z06 is obviously a very good handling car from the factory, but I feel there can be improvement as with all stock cars. I just took a look at the Pfadt website to see what they offer besides the coilovers and competition sway bars. There is a control arm kit too. My car will be strictly driven on the street.(maybe a HPDE in the future)I want a very tight feeling package with quick turn in, no body roll, and enhanced steering feel.
I know many of you have the Pfadt coilovers and competition sways on your cars and I've heard nothing but good feedback about they're products from you guys. Can someone please respond to what I have listed as for my suspension mods? Is it too much? anything I'm missing?suggestions welcomed please.
I'm NOT a professional driver, I just like to have a very cohesive, tight feeling package that will enhance my driving experience.

Engine work is next

We just installed the Pfadt poly bushings and sleeve kit on a car. We also have another one coming up with the same combo. The whole install process will be featured in a magazine. I'll post when I know when. Aaron noticed on my car and other Z06s with slicks that I get outside tire wear from deflection of the bushings. Its a very time consuming job installing them, but worth it if you are tracking the car on slicks.

Here is the identical package we are installing on 2 cars now.
Moton Clubsport coil-overs
Pfadt competion bars
Pfadt pillow blocks
Pfadt poly bushings
Pfadt sleeves
Pfadt camber kit
Brembo GT brakes
Spindle ducts

Its a winning combination.

(e) zach@katechengines.com
Old 06-28-2008, 08:33 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

That combo would be good for a track car. Do you think it would be overkill on a street car? Anyone have experience with KW's? Hotchkiss sways? T1's? Any other combos that would fit my criteria?
Old 06-28-2008, 08:37 PM
Katech_Zach

That combo would be good for a track car. Do you think it would be overkill on a street car? Anyone have experience with KW's? Hotchkiss sways? T1's? Any other combos that would fit my criteria?

Overkill? I don't understand this word.

Seriously though, I don't think its overkill for the street. I have half of those products on my car now and plan to do the rest eventually. If I had to eliminate something for the street I would drop the bushings, sleeve and camber kit. We run the rest on many street cars.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:47 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Will these really transform the car to a dramatically better handling car? I really look foward to modding my cars suspension more so then the motor!
Old 06-28-2008, 08:53 PM
Katech_Zach

Will these really transform the car to a dramatically better handling car? I really look foward to modding my cars suspension more so then the motor!

The suspension improvements can really surprise you. Let me put it this way. When we delivered the 1000hp twin turbo Z06 to the customer the part of the car that amazed him the most was the suspension.

When I take people for rides on the track in my Z06 its not the power that scares them. Its the braking and suspension. You expect it to be powerful.
Old 06-28-2008, 08:57 PM
1stZ
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have all of those mentioned parts from pfadt and I agree with Jason in that if the car is mostly going to be a street car, I'd skip the bushings & camber kits. These parts you could add later on once you get more serious and go more often to track your car. With regards to the other mentioned pfadt product, I've them now for 2 years and have had no problems and I'm fairly satisfied with them. Good luck
Old 06-28-2008, 09:04 PM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

so pretty much all i need for a street car would be the coilovers and the competion sways? Are the pillow blocks necessary? and what exactly are they used for?
Old 06-28-2008, 11:43 PM
ProgGod
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have two cars filled with pfadt products. its defintely going to make you feel every bump in the road, but in my opinion well worth it. You can jerk the car back and forth and it stays completely flat. You may want to go with the spherical bearings instead of the polys if you have the money. Defintely plan to do that upgrade before long.

2008 Z06
Pfadt competion bars
Pfadt pillow blocks
Pfadt poly bushings
Pfadt camber kit
Moton coilover
brembo 14" brakes

2007 Z06
Pfadt competion bars
Pfadt pillow blocks
Pfadt poly bushings
Pfadt camber kit
pfadt coilovers
brembo 15" brakes

Last edited by ProgGod; 06-28-2008 at 11:45 PM.
Old 06-29-2008, 12:00 AM
Katech_Zach

so pretty much all i need for a street car would be the coilovers and the competion sways? Are the pillow blocks necessary? and what exactly are they used for?

Pillow blocks are solid sway bar to frame mounts. Billet housings with solid bushings. They are a lot nicer than the stampted steel oem bracket and also make for a nice clean install.
Old 06-29-2008, 01:26 AM
Stingray23
Le Mans Master

Thanks guys.
Old 06-29-2008, 02:22 PM
tjwong
Le Mans Master
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Engine work is next

I have installed two sets of their coil overs, a very nice set up and while its a little time consuming the install is cake

Get notified of new replies

To Has anyone installed all the Pfadt Z06 products?

Quick Reply: [Z06] Has anyone installed all the Pfadt Z06 products?