C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Locked Out

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2001, 04:37 AM
GOTVETT
6th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Locked Out

Basically my battery was low and I removed it to charge it. (I live in a condo) To my surprise when I tried to get back into the car I found out it has no mechanical rods to open the door (power doors). After an hour with a friends slim Jim kit he got in. But is there a factory secrete way to get power to the system in the event a dead battery keeps me out again? I tried to jump power through the starter. No luck! I have a cut off switch that was installed from a previous owner, so I am not sure how it is wired. But I thought it was on when I left the car locked. Should I wire a set of leads to power the door locks? I am replacing the key switch and interior switch and will test the power door unit too.

Thanks Michael
In Miami http://hometown.aol.com/winthropgotv...e/profile.html
Old 12-24-2001, 10:49 AM
Frank75
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Locked Out (GOTVETT)

Welcome to the forum Michael. I don't know the answer to your question, but this will get it to the top again! I would have thought that energizing through the starter would have worked, but who knows?

Old 12-24-2001, 11:28 AM
mrvette
Team Owner

Received 223 Likes on 204 Posts

Default Re: Locked Out (GOTVETT)

I have a '72 convertible, and when thought about, I think you will agree with me, NEVER lock any convertible, in fact any car.....just asking for broken windows and theft of anything in the car, never leave anything in the car worth stealing....nothing....leave it unlocked....especially a convertible....for one thing vacuuming glass out of the car interior is a super pain in the butt.....

GENE

Get notified of new replies

To Locked Out

Quick Reply: Locked Out