C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

what color?

Search this Thread

Old 12-23-2001, 09:04 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what color?

I know its a little early in my detail to be asking this, but what the hell, im bored.

What color should I paint:
1) Engine block
2) Valve covers
3) Air filter lid

And I think thats it...i thought about painting the block chevy orange(like it was origionally), then I was going to do the valve covers and air filter lid black, then do the letters "M-O-R-O-S-O" red on the valve covers and filter lid...what do you guys think? to ricey?

The air filter and valve covers say moroso on them, they where origionally a gold color, but are so dirty that when I take the dirt off, the gold color comes off too, so I may as well repaint them. I'd like to put on chrome valve covers/air filter lid, but that stuff comes last, after I replace things that need it.

Thanks;
Daniel
Old 12-23-2001, 09:19 PM
Corz
Team Owner

Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: what color? (daniel77350)

why not paint the block Blue like the color of your car? I'm sure you can get high temp paint to match it.. i think that would look sweet. . . if not then orange would look appropriate... i think black doesnt look right on valve covers and air cleaner.. just my opinion.. But if you did the block blue, then hit the heads, valve covers, intake, and air cleaner blue also.. that would be :cool:
Old 12-23-2001, 09:25 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: what color? (Corzvette69)

the only gun I have is a hobby air brush. It'd take me 2 hours to spray the block with the nozzle thing I have on the gun now. if I could have it mixed into a spray paint type bottle, or another high area sprayer that doesn't require hoses and such, then I'd look into it. :jester Maybe I can use just a light blue color, like on the later model C3 engine blocks...it wouldn't be exact, but I think it'd be close, and with puleys and exaust manifolds and intakes and so forth, no one would be able to tell it was much different anyway.

Daniel
Old 12-23-2001, 09:37 PM
trs77
Racer

Default Re: what color? (daniel77350)

Wow... another orange 77 engine. Starting in 77, all engines were blue. But some of the early 77s MAY have had orange or black. Have not been able to confirm this (need to check with NCRS). But if you have a very low VIN (early build), then your original engine MAY have been orange. But blue would look great with your car.

cheers,
tom
Old 12-23-2001, 09:42 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: what color? (trs77)

actually I have a mid rang build number(like 20,000)...but the engine has remains of orange...or course it was rebuild, and probably repainted at that time...so it probably should be blue. Then again, i have the fender alarm key, so it it pretty early, because midway through they change the key hole to the door lock.

Daniel
Old 12-23-2001, 09:43 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Default Re: what color? (trs77)

i thought that it was 79 that the engines started blue... shrug... i think it would look great in a gloss black, like the crate engines

ZD
Old 12-24-2001, 02:23 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: what color? (ZD75blue)

what if I did the engine block/heads in gloss black, the intake manifold in natural aluminum(will be the performer), I will clear coat it. Then doing the air cleaner and valve covers the same color as my car? I can take them to the body shop and see if they have any left over paint they will shoot on the parts for a good price.

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To what color?

Quick Reply: what color?