C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

heads

Search this Thread

Old 12-22-2001, 12:26 AM
telk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default heads

Anyone know anything about the heads from carshopinc.com.
Prices seem pretty good
Old 12-22-2001, 01:35 AM
Smokehouse69
Le Mans Master

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran

Default Re: heads (telk)

Telk,
It depends on what your looking for and what kind of heads you currently have. If you are currently running 74cc smog heads then the 58cc heads are certainly going to boost your compression. Are you ready to deal with the fallout from that. 10 to 1 compression with cast iron heads can be tough to deal with using the gas available today.
Do some investigation and look around, you might be surprised what you can find at swap meets, speed shops and machine shops. Lots of guys buy heads or swap heads and are constantly looking to get rid of them. If you look around you might find a good set of aluminum heads or high performance cast iron heads for around the same price you are looking at.
Old 12-22-2001, 02:03 AM
Jvette73
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: heads (telk)

Im runnin 10.5to1 with cast iron. It can be done easily, so long as the cam is matched to the comp ratio. I never heard ping on any gas with my setup.
If you buy used heads theres a posibilty they could be cracked. Small cracks can be invisible to the naked eye. Its a good idea to have them checked out first. If a vendor or other refuses to let you check em out first, I would look somewhere else.
Old 12-22-2001, 10:10 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 146 Likes on 128 Posts

Default Re: heads (Jvette73)

Im runnin 10.5to1 with cast iron. It can be done easily, so long as the cam is matched to the comp ratio. I never heard ping on any gas with my setup.
If you buy used heads theres a posibilty they could be cracked. Small cracks can be invisible to the naked eye. Its a good idea to have them checked out first. If a vendor or other refuses to let you check em out first, I would look somewhere else.
I am running 10.5:1 with cast iron heads with no problem Whatsoever......Just run 93 and u should be fine..I would highly recommend the 041 heads with 64cc....Great heads if ya can find them

Get notified of new replies

To heads

Quick Reply: heads