C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

HD bolt in rear?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 12:01 PM
jonvolk
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default HD bolt in rear?

after searching the archives for heavy duty rear end info i started gettin a headache so i figured id start a new thread :crazy:

anyone out there make a bolt in solid axle or something really beefy for a 69? I dont wanna do any permanent mods cause if i ever sell the car god forbid that i could return it to stock. This is more or less for the future as i know spicer u-joints and stuff like that will make the stock rear live a fairly happy life. Any input here?

Thanks.
Old 12-21-2001, 01:11 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HD bolt in rear? (jonvolk)

I think eveyone here is quite happy with their stock independent rear suspensions. Only the true hardcore drag racers will convert to a 9" or equivelint. And even then, Tom's Differentials makes a setup to use Chev 12 bolt parts in a Corvette differential. They also make several HD setups for the actual Corvette differential...shot peening and what not. The only real reason I see to convert to a solid axel is if you can't pass tech running 10.99 and under in an IRS car, but people still get away with it.
Old 12-21-2001, 02:21 PM
bence13_33
Safety Car

Received 26 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: HD bolt in rear? (Stingy74)

I agree with Stingy74. I am very happy with my IRS. I do however plan on purchasing one of the 12 bolt Corvette rear ends sometime down the road....it just seems like a much better idea as opposed to putting a solid rear axle under the 'Vette.
Old 12-21-2001, 08:19 PM
Stingy74
Safety Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: HD bolt in rear? (bence13_33)

The 12 bolt conversion is nice, but it's also $2300.00. That's about $3700 in my version of money, not including shipping. I could have two or three spare short blocks for that amount of cash.

Get notified of new replies

To HD bolt in rear?

Quick Reply: HD bolt in rear?