C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2001, 11:48 AM
73-454
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge

I am putting back the Air, will recarge with 134, need to replace all o-rings just in case they were leaking
Old 12-21-2001, 12:02 PM
Milest
Racer

Received 30 Likes on 7 Posts

Default Re: Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge (73-454)

Most auto supplys sell a kit. Green is the color you want for R134. Wipe with small amount of refrigerant oil first to lube.
Old 12-21-2001, 12:14 PM
Tom454
Le Mans Master

Received 39 Likes on 26 Posts

Default Re: Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge (Milest)

The hardest part is guessing the correct diameter & thickness. I got my "EPA" certification just so I could work with R12 and I still cannot find a "definitive" listing the correct o-ring sizes. They are not "standardized".... i.e.- a kit from PepBoys will not necessarily have all of the correct sizes. If you are off just a bit, they will eventually leak. In a "standardized" package, you may get the right diameter, but the wrong thickness, or, the right thickness and the wrong diameter. I have not yet found a source that lists all of the correct, original o-ring sizes specific for Corvettes by year. It sure would help. I'll end up playing the guessing game like everyone else. My A/C system has been serviced, and the o-rings leak... they are incorrect. That is what started me on this mission.

Get notified of new replies

To Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge

Quick Reply: Where can I buy o-rings for Air condioning, I want to change all before recharge