C5 Forced Induction/Nitrous C5 Corvette Turbochargers, Superchargers, Centrifugal, Twin Screw & Roots Blowers, Twin Turbo Kits, Intercoolers, Wet & Dry Nitrous Injection, Meth
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

EnglandGreen Cam Package - everything including the Kitchen Sink!!!! *with new cams*

Search this Thread

Old 06-03-2008, 09:36 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
Received 37 Likes on 23 Posts
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '05-'06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12-'13-'14

Default EnglandGreen Cam Package - everything including the Kitchen Sink!!!! *with new cams*

We have been getting a lot of requests for a complete camshaft package for the C6 & C5 Corvettes.

This is everything needed for a DIY cam swap. So we have put together a package for the DIY members that want to do their own labour.

This package includes everything down to Red Locktite. All you add is your own labour and tools.

Price is $1595 shipped to the lower 48 states.

Always remember, you WILL need a computer tune after a cam swap - so factor in some $$$$ for that item.

Our cam package contains the following parts:
1 x EnglandGreen custom grind cam
1 x GM Front Cover Gasket
1 x GM Front Cover seal
2 x GM Waterpump seals
1 x GM Crank Bolt
1 x GM LS2 Timing Chain
1 x GM Oil pump pickup O-Ring
1 x High volume, high flow oil pump
1 x 160 degree thermostat
16 x Patriot Extreme dual valve springs with titanium retainers
16 x 7.400 inch chromemoly hardened pushrods
1 x 25% underdrive crank pulley
1 x New serpentine belt
1 x tube of Red Locktite

OK. We admit that there actually isn't a kitchen sink included - but everything else is!!!

Lots of vendors sell custom camshafts - so what's so special about the "EnglandGreen Signature Cams"???

These cams will not be your usual grandfather-type baby cams - they are all loud, obstreperous, will shake your Vette and make your neighbours hate you!! With the exception of my Ninja cam™, none of them are for the faint of heart. In all cases, they will need a custom tune and if automatic, you will need a stall converter (exception : Ninja cam™).

They are all designed to be blower and turbo friendly, but will work perfectly in a naturally aspirated application as well. More importantly, we can tune them so that they drive very close to stock!!!

Just a tiny sampling of Corvette Forum members running our cams :
EG@EnglandGreen (me) - 402ci Paxton Novi 2000 supercharger with Insanity cam™ in a 2001 C5 A4
Cajundude@EnglandGreen - 402ci modified STS TT with Whiplash cam™ in a 2002 C5 MN6
UWILLUZ - 2002 C5 Z06 383ci ATI F1R supercharger with Godzilla cam™
UWILLUZ - 2008 C6 Z06 427ci with Insanity cam™
Mondaine - 2002 C5 Z06 Paxton Novi 2000 with Whiplash cam™
Bill Curlee - 2002 C5 Z06 Patriot heads, FAST 90/90 and Whiplash cam™
Carl Spackler - 2000 MN6 Vert P1SC supercharger with Whiplash cam™
Kenny Sibley - 2003 C5 Z06 with mayhem cam™
c6user - 2007 MN6 C6, Trickflow heads and Whiplash cam™
kbobk - 2008 MNZ C6 and Whiplash cam™
NTRBL33 - 2005 MN6 C6 and Whiplash cam™
p_dubya - 2003 C5 Z06 and Whiplash II cam™
jvas - 2000 C5 A4, stall and Whiplash II cam™
99C5-TA - 2008 C6 Z06 with Mayhem II cam™
TXZ0603 - 2003 Z06 with Whiplash II cam™

We have revamped our cam line to reflect the feedback we have received from our many customers. By far, our Whiplash cam™ has been our most popular offering. However, many customers have been asking me for a "stealth" or silent cam as well as a nasty cam that is bigger than our Chaos cam™ but smaller than our Insanity cam™. We also realized that our midrange cams were showing their age and we have now redesigned our midrange cams to reflect what our customers have been asking for.

Originally, we used Comp's excellent XE-R lobes, but after working with Comp for more than 6 months, we have collectively designed a new lobe profile; these are not catalog cams nor are they clones of anyone else's cams.

Here is our new cam lineup :

* EnglandGreen Ninja Cam™ : brand new stealth cam with no chop at idle with an exceptional flat torque curve - wide intake/exhaust spread and LSA in the 118 range. No one will know that your Vette is cammed!
* EnglandGreen Havoc Cam™ : wreak havoc with our new creation cam in the high 220/low 230s duration range
* EnglandGreen Mayhem II Cam™ : formally our Mayhem Cam™, but now completely redesigned - and much larger! Duration is in the low 240s range.
* EnglandGreen Whiplash II Cam™ : Best Seller!! Duration in the mid 240s and extremely aggressive.
* EnglandGreen Chaos II Cam™ : formally our Chaos cam™, but completely redesigned and significantly bigger. Duration is in the low 250s
* EnglandGreen Black Rage Cam™ : Our latest creation. For use only in big cubic inch motors. Duration is in the high 250s/low 260s duration
* EnglandGreen Insanity Cam™ : This cam is for the seriously mentally disturbed among us. Duration is in the low 270s

So give us a call of drop us an email if you want to order this cam package. We also install and tune these packages at our shop in Houston, Texas for just $2995. We accept all major credit cards.

Thanks

Stephen Rawlins
Phone: 281 464 2800
Email: sales@englandgreen.com
AIM: englandgreeninc

Video of the EnglandGreen Whiplash cam™

Video of the EnglandGreen Whiplash II cam™
EnglandGreen Whiplash II™ cam, Part 1
2003 C5 Z06, Vararam, AR headers, high flow cats, stock Titanium catbacks

EnglandGreen Whiplash II™ cam, Part 2
2001 C5 Coupe, Vararam, LG Streets headers, high flow cats, B&B PRT catbacks

EnglandGreen Insanity™ cam
2008 C6 Z06, Lingenfelter package of Kooks headers and Callaway Honker, B&B Fusion catbacks. Stock heads. Dynoed at 569rwhp

Last edited by EG@EnglandGreen; 02-26-2009 at 10:27 PM.
Old 06-04-2008, 01:29 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: ================== Houston, Texas www.englandgreen.com ================== Necessary Evil™ __________
CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

ttt
Old 06-04-2008, 02:11 PM
jbusmc1986
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
St. Jude Donor '06

what would the recommended cam be for a vortech t trim 99 frc with stock bottom end. Looking for around 600 rwhp. I would be interested in that without the underdrive pulley option.
Old 06-04-2008, 03:13 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by jbusmc1986
what would the recommended cam be for a vortech t trim 99 frc with stock bottom end. Looking for around 600 rwhp. I would be interested in that without the underdrive pulley option.
Stock sized pulley is an option at no additional cost.

You should be knocking on the door of 530-550rwhp with a T-Trim and headers - a relatively mind cam like my Havoc or even my Monster cam will get you the rest of the way.

Watch you fuel pressure and AFRs

Stephen
Old 06-04-2008, 11:00 PM
Sigforty
Le Mans Master

Received 276 Likes on 233 Posts
Cruise-In IX Veteran

That is a good deal England. I hope u sell a bunch.
Old 06-06-2008, 08:01 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by Sigforty
That is a good deal England. I hope u sell a bunch.
Thanks
Old 06-06-2008, 08:11 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

EnglandGreen Whiplash cam in a 2002 Z06 testimonial by Bill Curlee

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
The last few weeks have FLOWN by. I literally finished the MODs to my ZO6 then had BILLDOG350 help me tune the car and a couple of days later I drove it straight to BG Cruise in! Nothing like throwing fate into the wind! I had confidence in my wrenching so it wasn't all that scary.
Three guys that save the day were BILLDOG350 (Bill Johnson) and VETTENUTS ( Bob ) who lent me his damper install tool and crank pinning tool and Bill helped me do some VE tuning! & ENGLANDGREEN (Stephen) who did the finial tune to his cam..

Here is the low down on how the car performed during the trip:

I packed EVERY TOOL necessary to just about rebuild the engine if I needed to! Yep,,it was in the bag! I had ZERO engine issues other than a very small oil "seep" from my oil pressure sensor relocation fitting.

Billdog350 (Bill) helped me tune the VE table and also do some FINE tuning and I literal got 25 (tank fill verified) MPG on the way down to BG!!! The car /engine ran excellent other than a small issue with the idle when the AC was on. (more on that later) Bill,,,thank you very much for your EXPERT Tuning assistance! That made ALL the difference in the world for my fuel economy and engine survival.

While I was at the Cruise in ENGLANDGREEN offered to help me fine tune the engine in return for some stuff I helped him with when he was moving from CT to FL. EG was IMPRESSED with Bills rough tune! Bill did an excellent job with the EFI Live Auto VE Tune and Stephen applied some EXPERT tuning skills to the PCM and WOW, its running EXCELLENT~!!!

EG, is amazing!!!!! With in 30 min,,,,,my car was a different animal! Idles perfect, has more power (my clutch is really hating life now) and my fuel economy is further improved. I got a (Tank fill up verified ) 27-28 MPG on the highway running 65-75 mph on the way back to CT. No more pesky stalling when the AC is on.

I had the car dynoed when I was at BG and it turned 443 HP and 400 ft/lbs tq. Like I stated previously, my clutch is NOT handling the additional HP & Tq very well,,, so those numbers are probably low. The clutch IMMEDIATELY goes to the floor if you try to shift after a hard pull. The dyno showed that the engine was a little rich when WOT as did my wide band so,,, EG pulled some fuel and the engine seemed to respond well to that change! I did manage to lay down 80' of tire at the Hampton! Yep, its running very well!

As soon as I get my clutch issues ironed out,,, I will dyno it again. I'm very sure that there is a LOT more than what it showed on the back street dyno. I'm very happy with the results of my mod install and the car is running phenomenal!

I can NOT believe that I can still lug the engine in low RPMs with out bucking and surging. I'm really liking my WHIPLASH cam. selection.

Here is the finial product:

Thank you ALL for all of your advice, assistance and help! Some of this stuff was NEW and without your help, it would have been a LOT more trying and maybe not so successful! Bill Johnson and Bob (Vettenuts) & ENGLANDGREEN (Stephen),,,You guys are life saves! I made it to the cruse In and BACK with some MAJOR mods and your guys helped make it successful!

Next major event that I will be attending will be Corvettes At Carlisle. See you there if you can attend!

For the Northeast guys, I'll see you at Marks, or Ocean Beach in New London.

Bill C
Old 06-10-2008, 10:27 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Placed the order on Monday morning with Comp Cams for the 6 Whiplash cam orders I received
Old 06-10-2008, 11:09 AM
undertaker
Race Director

Location: ECS : WTF did you break now and HTF did you break it this time
Received 14 Likes on 8 Posts

hey steve, whats the biggest meanest thing you have for a 427 C5R with LS7 top end with jesel stuffs. Do you have any videos. Any sorta numbers on em?

I think I need something a lil hairyer for my road race car.
Old 06-11-2008, 03:37 AM
jbusmc1986
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

Originally Posted by EG@EnglandGreen
Stock sized pulley is an option at no additional cost.

You should be knocking on the door of 530-550rwhp with a T-Trim and headers - a relatively mind cam like my Havoc or even my Monster cam will get you the rest of the way.

Watch you fuel pressure and AFRs

Stephen
so it would still be 1595 with no pulley? Also I was curious, are the springs that are included strong enough for running 7-10 psi plus having the monster cam?
Old 06-12-2008, 06:21 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by undertaker
hey steve, whats the biggest meanest thing you have for a 427 C5R with LS7 top end with jesel stuffs. Do you have any videos. Any sorta numbers on em?

I think I need something a lil hairyer for my road race car.
UWILLUZ installed my Insanity cam in his 2008 C6 Z06, stock LS7 heads, LG Pros headers, intake - made 569rwhp and 502rwtq all NA. He is going with twins later this year with the same cam. Prior to that, he installed my Godzilla cam in his C5 Z06 383 with a F1R and made 863rwhp. I guess he likes my cams

I had 2 other customers with my Insanity in C6 Z06s - but they did not want me to dyno their cars and would not allow video (warranty reasons? - I do not know).

Cajundude@EnglandGreen dropped a Whiplash in his modified STS twins - we haven't dynoed it yet or had any track time because he toasted his clutch, big time.

Unless you are keeping the RPMs up high, a really big cam could have a negative effect on your lap times. It all depends on how you drive. I personally wind it up and keep it wound up so massive cams work for me.

I currently have my Godzilla (version 1) in my ECS Paxton Grond and my new Insanity is going in as soon as I move to Houston next month.

I'll keep you posted on results.

Bottom line is a cam in the 250s/low 260s would be fine in a RR 427. That would be my new Black Rage cam.

Stephen

Last edited by EG@EnglandGreen; 06-12-2008 at 06:26 PM.
Old 06-12-2008, 06:24 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

so it would still be 1595 with no pulley? Also I was curious, are the springs that are included strong enough for running 7-10 psi plus having the monster cam?
I'm sorry, it's $1595 WITH a stock sized pulley for your FI application.

The springs are Patriot Extremes with titanium retainers - good to 0.660 lift. We've run them with a Whiplash at 18psi boost with no issues.

Stephen
Old 06-13-2008, 05:36 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Some more endorsements for my Whiplash cam

Originally Posted by Bill Curlee
WOW! I had the SAME idle problems and a hot start issue with my 02 ZO6 after I installed my EG WHIPLASH CAM, 42 lb injectors and FAST 90/90.

BILLDOG350 (Bill) helped me do the initial VE tune and he adjusted the timing and PE tables which fix most of the serious drive ability issues and that initial tuning made the car drivable. I used Bills tuning to cruise on down to Bowling Green KY for the Cruise In.
I even got 25 MPG on the way down. Just had the idle surge (worse when AC was on) and hard starting when it would stall.

I had ENGLANDGREEN fix my hot start and Idle issues. He had that those issues fixed in about an hour. Stephen is amazing fixing those weird issues! . He even fine tuned it for a little better fuel mileage On the way back to CT,,,I got 28 MPG on his WHIPLASH CAM.

STEPHEN! THANK YOU FOR ALL YOUR TUNING HELP!!! Car is running excellent

Now,,,only if my clutch would quit smoking.

BC
Originally Posted by Billdog350
As has been stated by many good tuners in the past, almost ALL cam's are tunable to be "drivable" by the right person. I went mild (medium) with my cam choice because I knew I was planning on doing most of the tuning myself and I didn't think an agressive cam would be tunable.

Now after a few years of tuning experience, I've come to realize the cam is part of it, but the tuner is the key. The EG whiplash cam is WAY more aggressive than my G5X1 equivalent cam and I was able to get Bill's car running about 90% as well as mine...and EG was able to take it the rest of the way to full drivability and peak economy. Bill likely has between 40 and 80rwhp more than me yet his cam is still very drivable and doesn't surge at low rpm.

In hindsight, I'd go BIGGER with my cam (I was VERY impressed with the ease of EG's whiplash tunability).

Keep in mind CLUTCH choice goes hand in hand with a cam. I have a very grabby on/off Textrailia OZ700 that is very jumpy with my cam. I'm sure it would be much smoother with a stock cam. Inversely Bill's car drives very similar to stock with his LS6 clutch but I bet it will be a bit worse with a really grabby one.
Old 06-16-2008, 08:38 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

ttt
Old 06-27-2008, 10:07 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

ttt
Old 06-28-2008, 12:49 AM
jbusmc1986
Burning Brakes

St. Jude Donor '06

hey stephen... I pm'ed jason about a week ago, I want a cam package for a turbo f body for my roommate. So I def. don't need a pulley or balancer bolt.
Old 06-28-2008, 09:52 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

hey stephen... I pm'ed jason about a week ago, I want a cam package for a turbo f body for my roommate. So I def. don't need a pulley or balancer bolt.
PM sent

Get notified of new replies

To EnglandGreen Cam Package - everything including the Kitchen Sink!!!! *with new cams*

Old 06-29-2008, 07:40 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

Your PM box is full.
Old 07-03-2008, 01:44 PM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

ttt
Old 07-04-2008, 11:10 AM
0EG@EnglandGreen
Supporting Tuner
Support Corvetteforum!

CI 6-7-8-9-10 Veteran

ttt

Quick Reply: EnglandGreen Cam Package - everything including the Kitchen Sink!!!! *with new cams*