C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Upon further examination....

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 02:51 PM
Scott78
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Upon further examination....

Well since it is winter and that is the time to fix what's wrong with the vette up on the jack stands it went. First thing was to find the mysterious rattle that started in the front end just as it went into the garage for the winter. A-arm bushings, drivers side upper rear missing. No not just eroded away to the shell, all gone just the retaining bolt left. The others well on there way to same condition. Allready knew about the rusted rad support. Frame looks excellent all the way back just a little grungy(what a relief). Drops of various fluids everywhere, seal on PS pump,oil pan gasket some running down side of block so valve covers too. And the tranny is seeping at tailshaft extension gasket :mad . T-arm shims :eek: almost rusted to nonexistence. A mark on the side of differential where end of U-bolt for halfshaft U-joint is striking :smash: uhmm side yokes I guess. Oh well thats what winter are for, just crank up the heater and camp out in the garage for a couple months. Zip Restoration site here I come and don't fail me now VISA card :D .

Oh for Jenny solid brakes, not a drop any where :lol: sorry just had to mention it. If anyone wants me I'll be in the garage :seeya
Scott
Old 12-20-2001, 09:18 PM
ZD75blue
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Upon further examination.... (Scott78)

yowza... never heard of non existing bushings before :eek: that would explain a rattle

:yesnod: ZD
Old 12-20-2001, 11:13 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Upon further examination.... (ZD75blue)

I developed a rattle at 60 MPH the other day. Turns out it was only some missing lug nuts(only). Some IDIOT forgot to tighten them down after he redid his power steering. :bb I must resist "nut" jokes. :conehead

Anyway, a missing bushing? :eek: Makes me wanna go check mine out right now....

Daniel

Get notified of new replies

To Upon further examination....

Quick Reply: Upon further examination....