Great Lakes Illinois | Indiana | Iowa | Michigan | Missouri | Minnesota | Ohio | Wisconsin

I feel ashamed of our group!

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2008, 08:49 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Default I feel ashamed of our group!

We headed down to the Cruise In this year, and I have to say I am getting a little ashamed of our lack of group effort. I almost feel like asking if I can join the Chicago Crew! Considering I am in the Greater Chicagoland area! I have now been to the past 4 Cruise In's and this was the weakest effort to date. Alex, Em, Scott, Donna, Marcy and I had a great time. Our beloved circle seemed like the land of the misfit toys with people from Indy, San Antonio (Texas disowned him because he wasn't from Dallas or Houston) and Missouri. Paul or Dave didn't even want to be near our disgraceful showing. I hope that the 10 year Cruise In will produce better results for what is supposed to be the Motor City! Those of you that didn't go, you missed a great time, as the 6 of us got to sit in a new ZR1!!!!!!! I don't think anyone had that oppertunity, and had the best plant tour I will ever experience. In closing, I am ashamed of our group, although some of you may have had good reasons for not being there. Good day to you all!
Old 05-25-2008, 08:54 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

you are always welcome to our tent . the west Mich guys were with us the whole time , I think in whole attendance was down gas prices being the biggest reason for that . if gas does not come down there might only be kentucky people next year for the ten year anniversary
Old 05-25-2008, 08:56 PM
L98Terror
Race Director

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
W. Detroit Events Coordinator
Cruise-In VI Veteran
Cruise-In VII Veteran
Cruise-In VII Autocross Champ

Add some racing and I'm in
Old 05-25-2008, 09:30 PM
96KICKS
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'04-'05-'06-'07

Dang . . . ya mean Cruise-In was THIS weekend?
Old 05-25-2008, 09:37 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

Received 192 Likes on 93 Posts
SE Michigan Coordinator
CI 3, 4, 5, 6, 10 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '09-'11,-'13-'14-'15
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I agree. Seems that MCV Cruise In participation has been decreasing since Cruise In 6. My first Cruise In event was # 3. We had like 25 cars back then. Heck, Troy Roberts was one of persons in the group. Then he moved to Florida. Then, year after year, a lot of people have come and gone. Some of the veterans have moved out of state, sold their cars, etc. From then on, the yearly trek to BG, has consisted of less and less cars.

But as you mentioned, other life events were happening in everyone's lives that may have caused people to put the CI on the backburner.

Anyway, personally, i'm planning to go to Cruise In 10. I'm hoping the NCM and Corvette Forum plan something special for this special milestone!

If you go to the National events section, Adam Boca has posted a survey. Please take a few moments and fill it out. Our feedback will only assist in making next year's event better.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:49 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

SE Michigan Coordinator
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by L98Terror
Add some racing and I'm in
Well, they have the autox and drags. By the looks of your profile, you've won the autox in years past. So your question is answered.

Now, if you're lookin for a road race event, you may want to contact Adam Boca about organizing something. I'm sure there is a facility nearby that could accomodate it. I'm sure there would be a lot of interest from the forum community in a road race event if it were available.
Old 05-25-2008, 09:51 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

SE Michigan Coordinator
NCM Sinkhole Donor

Originally Posted by yelloyello
I have now been to the past 4 Cruise In's and this was the weakest effort to date.
Sir, you must not be taking your meds again. According to the CI-Veteran tags, it looks like you've only been to 3 (including this years - yet to be confirmed).

But that's ok. we still like you, no matter what the others say
Old 05-25-2008, 09:55 PM
perfectlyfrank
Le Mans Master

Received 29 Likes on 19 Posts
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08-'09-'10-'11-'12
Cruise-In 8, 9 & 11 Veteran

You guys are always more than welcome to hang out at the Chicago Crew tent.

I know Z06 Fest had road racing events, either at the track in Nashville or Putnam Park, so it might be possible to get one added to Cruise In if there was enough interest.
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
96KICKS
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

Geeze, kinda feels like I just got yelled at by my dad for something stupid I just did!

Heck you were only down 4 from last year. Me, Steph, Ed and Suzanne.

I was talkin' to Lori about this and she said something about lower attendance because that we all see each other so much here in town. Which is very true. So, maybe we should all take a vow and not hang out at all this summer! . . . ahhhhhhhhh don't think so.

I'm with Zack and planning for CI's 10th. Already got plans and 'stuff to discuss' with Gordie. Yeah, Big Plans! You're gonna wish you had a C4 to go along with that awesome yello! Now if you aren't so disappointed and all and forgive and let live . . . maybe I can get ya into that secret C4 meeting.

Glad to read Scott hooked you all up with that great Private tour!

So, did you get any trophies this run?

We headed down to the Cruise In this year, and I have to say I am getting a little ashamed of our lack of group effort. In closing, I am ashamed of our group, although some of you may have had good reasons for not being there. Good day to you all!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:12 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

I don't know about you Chicago guys, I heard there was some fighting going on over there! I don't want to go back to jail!

As far as the comedy coming from Zack, I will address your concern, I have recently noticed the lack of my CI tag from last year and am in the process of getting it taken care of.

I do agree with you, if there is something someone wants added that will help with participation, lets fill out the surveys!

The price of gas is a bunch of crap! I get better highway gas mileage in my Vette than in my Saturn Vue Redline or my wifes Compass. If people are worried so much about the price of gas, then they should sell their Vette, and buy a Prius or a Smart car.

And yes Cindy, it was this past weekend, you even wanted me to get the dog to Dave!! And I would have if I checked the forum before I left!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:17 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by 96KICKS
I'm with Zack and planning for CI's 10th. Already got plans and 'stuff to discuss' with Gordie. Yeah, Big Plans! You're gonna wish you had a C4 to go along with that awesome yello! Now if you aren't so disappointed and all and forgive and let live . . . maybe I can get ya into that secret C4 meeting.

Glad to read Scott hooked you all up with that great Private tour!

So, did you get any trophies this run?
Speaking of Gordie! I met him and I actually think he smelled my C5 stink on me! We were checking in and he was standing next to the registration table. I said "hello Gordon" and he acknowledged me with a grunt. He couldn't even muster up the energy to say hello. I guess it is a C4 thing!

I do forgive you, I just wanted to vent! I don't think the almighty will allow me to walk in to that meeting!

The tour was beyond belief!
Old 05-25-2008, 10:18 PM
johnnyvettes
CHICAGO CREW !
Support Corvetteforum!

Location: We are living in a Bazzaro World everything is upside down half ass backwards !
Received 90 Likes on 63 Posts
CI 4-5-6-7-8-9 Veteran
St. Jude Donor '06-'07-'08 & '12

no fights people are blowing everything out proportion . they were just screwing around and feeling no pain . in my 6 years of going to cruise in I have seen worse !
Old 05-25-2008, 10:21 PM
96KICKS
Melting Slicks

CI 7-8 Veteran

Too funny Paul!!!

Speaking of Gordie! I met him and I actually think he smelled my C5 stink on me!
and the answer to my last question is??????
Old 05-25-2008, 10:48 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by 96KICKS
Too funny Paul!!!

and the answer to my last question is??????
NO Comment!

Old 05-25-2008, 11:00 PM
YLWFVR75
Le Mans Master

SE Michigan Coordinator
NCM Sinkhole Donor

I'm callin your bluff on the pics above. I don't see you in the car. Also, i think this is the shell station by the entrance of the museum.

This cop just happened to park behind you guys. LOL.....

I'm waiting for a pic of the actual award, if one was actually issued
Old 05-25-2008, 11:11 PM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

Originally Posted by YLWFVR75
I'm callin your bluff on the pics above. I don't see you in the car. Also, i think this is the shell station by the entrance of the museum.

This cop just happened to park behind you guys. LOL.....

I'm waiting for a pic of the actual award, if one was actually issued
I guess if you were there you would definitely know! We told him our story and actually thought it was funny so he agreed. and it is not at the Shell station by the museum. it is on the way back from Makers Mark. You will get your pic of the award!
Old 05-26-2008, 09:19 AM
DRKCYDE
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In VII & IX Veteran

I agree with Paul on this one. I am thankful he and Marcy, Scott and Donna, Em still wanted to go with no one else having any interest in attending this year.
I know I had one of the best times ever with visits to Makers Mark, and the Louisville Slugger plants. We found some of the best "back hills" to go flying around on. The plant tour was simply amazing. Unbelieveable. Em got to start a car on the line, Marcy got to start a ZO6, Paul got to dyno a car off the line and I got to start an XLR. We got to play with ZR1's and play around with parts at every stage of the line. We spent more time off the tour path then on it. Got to see area 51 and a bunch of new pace cars.
We had good food, good drink, perfect weather. The only thing that could of made it better was to have a few more of you around for it.

I was almost ashamed for the very first time to say I was from Detroit, from the lack interest from others. I say if others are bored with "Cruise Inn" or the Corvette Forum we pick another weekend to go down for.
Some of you guys make me laugh about gas prices....Paul planned the trip to drive down Wed. spend the night in BG, get up Thursday drive home to attend the Wings game 1 Stanley Cup finals, and turn around and come right back. It wasn't until the night before we left we got the good news from the schedule makers then the series wouldnt start until Sat night. That was dedication. I feel like that reason alone would of made anyone else cancel their trip.

Thanks again Paul, Scott, Em for going down. It was the perfect trip.

Last edited by DRKCYDE; 05-26-2008 at 09:21 AM.

Get notified of new replies

To I feel ashamed of our group!

Old 05-26-2008, 09:37 AM
DebRedZR1
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 3,654 Likes on 1,754 Posts
CF Banner Relay Captain
West MI & JAX/NE Florida
Events Coordinator
St. Jude Donor '11-'12-'13-'14-'15-'16-'17, '21

I would be ashamed if any of my my Group made such posts about anyone in our Crew not making it. A lot of people have financial/work/family/other obligations or Cruise In just does not interest them. Where does it say to be a member of this Forum you must attend any certain event? I would be down there to hang out with all the other people I had not met, not berating my Own crew for not making it. Just two our Guys went down from West Michigan. They hooked up with our friends in the Chicago Crew. Not once did any of them make disparaging remarks about those of us who did not/could not make it. INSTEAD they told us about the fun, said how much we were missed etc.
Unbelievable

Last edited by DebRedZR1; 05-26-2008 at 09:46 AM.
Old 05-26-2008, 10:00 AM
yelloyello
Melting Slicks

CI 6-7, 9-10 Veteran

If you read my post, I do acknowledge people having other obligations, but I also hear people talk a good game and also bitch about gas prices. As I mentioned, if people are going to whine about the price of gas, then buy a Prius or Smart car! People in other countries have been paying over $5 a gallon for many years, just think we are finally catching up with them. This being an open forum, I can 'bust on' my group for not attending, but if you read on, I did tell of the great time we did have!! I guess I don't find it to be too unbelievable. Good day!

Alex, Thanks again, Marcy and I had a great time with you, Em, Scott, and Donna. Can't wait until next year!!!
Old 05-26-2008, 10:10 AM
DRKCYDE
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Cruise-In VII & IX Veteran

Quick Reply: I feel ashamed of our group!