C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars!

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2001, 12:02 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars!

So I'm at the skating rink where my little bro (13 year old goalie) is playing a game. I go to the food stand and get a hot dog. And the kid sees my Corvette jacket. He starts talking about his VR4 that he's going to get.

He says he's going to get a VR4. He says he's going to take a V6 and a V4 and weld them together to make a VV10. He said "V V 10." Not W10. He also says it will be made of titanium! At which point I say "You mean you're going to get all this selling hot dogs?" And he tells me he knows a guy who can do this cheap. :rolleyes: And he goes on to tell me he's going to have 20 5lbs bottles of NOS on it. And he's going to have a turbocharger on each cylinder. Plus he's getting an 8-speed tranny because he'll be spinning through a 6-speed.

So I'm of course amusing myself and ask him what he thinks it'll run in the 1/4 at Bandimere (local dragstrip). He says "They don't let you run NOS at Bandimere." I decide not to break his little heart by telling him there's lots of people that use NOS. He tells me that 2.5 miles is too short of a drag strip to run NOS. (Which of course...to him anyway...is how long a 1/4 mile is.)

Oh well...he can't compete with my Corvette!!! See sig. :lol:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:04 AM
daily_driver
Melting Slicks

Default Re: And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars! (Golden80)

thats one mother of a rear end!!!

how big are the tires???

:lol: :lol:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:05 AM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars! (Golden80)

:lol: :lol: how old was this joker?

Daniel
Old 12-19-2001, 12:07 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars! (daniel77350)

The kid was 16-18. Rather young.

I have a pair of specially made lead tires in the rear. Couldn't get traction otherwise.
Old 12-19-2001, 12:35 AM
ZiVvmO
Melting Slicks

ya know i was between 16 and 18 just a little over 6 months ago and i really hope i was never THAT dumb about cars. im pretty sure i could say i wasnt.....man thats a sad story :smash:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:41 AM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars! (ZiVvmO)

A V V 10. :lol: :lol: Sounds more like something a six year old would say, not a 16 year old.
Old 12-19-2001, 12:45 AM
Golden80
Race Director

Default Re: And you thought you knew people who told fish stories about cars! (sharklover)

A V V 10. :lol: :lol: Sounds more like something a six year old would say, not a 16 year old.
That's exactly what I thought! And he was so serious about it too. I felt kinda sorry for him. He probably doesn't get out much. And his little co-worker was believing this stuff too! I wish/hope that this kid was trying to test my knowledge of cars to see if I knew anything about cars but I don't think so.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:38 AM
Cooter Tech
Le Mans Master

Received 221 Likes on 154 Posts

Mentally, he might be six years old. At least he has an imagination. Roger L. Gibbons
Old 12-19-2001, 09:48 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Nice signature GOLDEN 80!!! :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Old 12-19-2001, 11:26 AM
Edzred72
Le Mans Master

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Mods on my Vette:
Two F16 engines coated in a Titanium coating with a Turbocharger for each cylinder. 50 5lbs bottles of Nitrous. 10-speed transmission for traction. 100 point roll cage with a 10 point seatbelt 4003940.23 rear end gears