C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC)

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 10:39 PM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC)

Great looking Vette (for a C5).

I'm kinda lost as to the FRC designation. I am not familiar with that. What does it mean and how can I get one?

I would love to have two vettes, and If I were to get a second one, I think I would pick the same one you did.
GREAT LOOKING VETTE'S

Old 12-18-2001, 11:07 PM
Eric 96
Safety Car

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Rich's75)

FRC= Fixed Roof Coupe.....the Hard Top Roof
Old 12-19-2001, 12:07 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Eric 70)

FRC= No Targa Top, No convertible, almost no where for leaks. :lol:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:35 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (71,454,4spd)

I agree with all of the above statements. :cheers:

I wanted a daily driver that wouldn't leak, new technology with the ability to reliably go anywhere anytime. I figured this would work. I get plenty of fresh air with the vert and love it around town on nice days but I'm a hair nervous going on long trips as the car is almost 30 years old. Although it is in excellent condition I still worry about things breaking.

I really like the lines of the FRC and it's cozy interior. Just a matter of personal taste. I watched and learned as many of the pro's and con's of the C5's on their forum and am addressing things like the column lock by-pass and CAGS defeat on mine. I found the car on the C5's for sale forum after months of searching and flew to New Jersey to pick it up last week. The owner is another Vette fanatic and kept this car in impeccable condition. It's flawless and still smells brand new inside after two years and only 4,500 miles. I fell in love with it during the two day drive back to New Orleans and have gained a whole lot of respect for the C5 that I really didn't have much of before. The LS1, 6-speed with Ripper Shifter and Z51 suspension are an awesome combo. Try running at 130mph and averaging 27.8 mpg in a C3! And I can't say enough about the Traction-Control. I was ripping through gears on wet streets when I got home like a train on rails. My '75 would have been all over the road..or in a ditch in those conditions.

There are many fine cars at very, very good prices over there and if you don't see one you like...keep watching and sooner or later you will.

My two cars are a universe apart but there is no doubt that they both are CORVETTES :cheers:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:38 AM
HawkIVette
Melting Slicks
Support Corvetteforum!

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (71,454,4spd)

Well, I almost had the grasp of it until you said No Targa Top. Now, what's that. Sorry Guys, but I am strickly a C3 man.
Old 12-19-2001, 12:46 AM
Cajun99
Le Mans Master

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Rich's75)

The C5 coupe has a removable one piece roof. Like T-tops but no bar and only one panel :cheers:

Mine has the lines of the convertible but the top doesn't come off.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:19 AM
70L46
Le Mans Master

CF Pit Crew
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran
Almost CI III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Cajun75)

Cajun - Nice Choice :yesnod:
Old 12-19-2001, 09:22 AM
Alwyn678
Team Owner

Received 141 Likes on 124 Posts

Default Re: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (Cajun75)

I agree with all of the above statements. :cheers:

I wanted a daily driver that wouldn't leak, new technology with the ability to reliably go anywhere anytime. I figured this would work. I get plenty of fresh air with the vert and love it around town on nice days but I'm a hair nervous going on long trips as the car is almost 30 years old. Although it is in excellent condition I still worry about things breaking.

I really like the lines of the FRC and it's cozy interior. Just a matter of personal taste. I watched and learned as many of the pro's and con's of the C5's on their forum and am addressing things like the column lock by-pass and CAGS defeat on mine. I found the car on the C5's for sale forum after months of searching and flew to New Jersey to pick it up last week. The owner is another Vette fanatic and kept this car in impeccable condition. It's flawless and still smells brand new inside after two years and only 4,500 miles. I fell in love with it during the two day drive back to New Orleans and have gained a whole lot of respect for the C5 that I really didn't have much of before. The LS1, 6-speed with Ripper Shifter and Z51 suspension are an awesome combo. Try running at 130mph and averaging 27.8 mpg in a C3! And I can't say enough about the Traction-Control. I was ripping through gears on wet streets when I got home like a train on rails. My '75 would have been all over the road..or in a ditch in those conditions.

There are many fine cars at very, very good prices over there and if you don't see one you like...keep watching and sooner or later you will.

My two cars are a universe apart but there is no doubt that they both are CORVETTES :cheers:
Well said....Bill .......Now I really wanna get one too!!!!! :cheers:

Get notified of new replies

To Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC)

Quick Reply: Paging: Cajon 75, and his new Vette (99 FRC)