C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

T-top bags

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 10:26 PM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default T-top bags

Any idea who has the best deal on decent t-top bags?
Old 12-19-2001, 12:18 AM
LAvetteman
Safety Car

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
St. Jude Contributor

Default Re: T-top bags (Rhys)

I would say Ecklers, even if they are a little higher I am sure they will get them too you quick. Others you may have to wait for the Easter Bunny to bring them. :lol:
Old 12-19-2001, 12:30 AM
Chris@VetteFinders
Platinum Supporting Dealership

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Default Re: T-top bags (71,454,4spd)

Heh, I pay a lot less buying from Ecklers since I am a reseller, but I thought there may be better bags out there through another vendor.
Old 12-19-2001, 09:03 AM
e3pres
Le Mans Master

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
St. Jude Donor '08-'09

I found a really good GM bag out of a Camaro at the boneyard. I just happened to run across it one day. They practically gave it to me. (And it has the GM logo stamped into it :chevy )
Old 12-19-2001, 09:48 AM
1LE
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Same here, Your best bet is to find the bags out of a third gen Camaro/Firebird. They work well with the Vette T-tops.
Old 12-19-2001, 10:22 AM
79MakoL82
Melting Slicks

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Rhys: I got my T-top bags from Ecklers. I think they are pretty nice bags. I also have the F-body bag for the Z28. In my honest opinion, I don't think there is much difference in terms of quality. They both have a felt material inside. They both have velcro closures. They're both black vinyl. Differences. The F-body allows you to put both in one bag, because of that, only one slot for the t-top is felt on both sides, the other slot is vinyl/felt (not really a big deal). The F-body bag has straps with hooks. These are used to secure the bag in the F-body. I do not believe they would serve any purpose in a Vette, as they don't have the place to hook in to. The F-body bag is probably larger in dimension, as the f-body T-tops are larger. I'm perfectly happy with my ecklers bags. As far as the F-body bag goes, it's nice, but I have at times found it cumbersome to try and get the second top in with the other one in the bag when I'm alone. The center divider likes to fold over and bind things up while you are trying to hold the bag and keep it from tipping over and get that second top in. That's my experience anyway. I may just be a spaz though.

[Modified by 79MakoL82, 8:39 AM 12/19/2001]
Old 12-19-2001, 12:08 PM
tankman
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I've got an extra pair of T-top bags if I can remember where I put them. stay tuned.
tankman

Get notified of new replies

To T-top bags

Quick Reply: T-top bags