C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 10:13 PM
LS-5 71
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!!

Hello, :)
I've wanted a 68-72 Vette most if not all my life. So when the plan finally came together early this year. Needless to say I was ecstatic. However, I wouldn't have guessed that within a month's time. My Dad(1982 Silver/Maroon) and Brother(1972 Teal Green) would have joined the ranks of proud Vette owners. Well, my Dad was on a Vette hiatus since he sold his '78 silver anniversary. (That's a different story altogether) So I'm thinking... :conehead Is there some sort of chain reaction going on here? Will everyone in my neighborhood soon be sporting their own Vette? Inquiring minds would like to know? I can see the headlines in the grocery store check out lanes now. They say. " Vette fever takes over America......Possibly the World? :cheers:

Probably won't ever happen. I guess somebody's got to drive the beaters, ricers and four door sedans of the world. Not me....Not yet!!!!

[Modified by LS-5 71, 8:29 PM 12/22/2001]
Old 12-18-2001, 10:19 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Default Re: Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!! (LS-5 71)

Great looking Vette. Glad your plan came together. Vettes are addictive but no GM Surgeon General Warning :seeya
Old 12-18-2001, 10:21 PM
SharkAttack
Safety Car

Received 25 Likes on 15 Posts

Default Re: Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!! (ScubaJKD)

Based almost solely on my ownership, I have three friends and a Mom that now own Corvettes too. They are indeed addictive.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:45 PM
Warp70
Racer

Default Re: Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!! (SharkAttack)

Yup! I bought my C3 and my brother went out and bought a C4 within a couple of month's. I'm glad we don't have to smoke em to get our fix though...other than the tires. :chevy
Old 12-18-2001, 10:58 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Default Re: Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!! (Warp70)

I totally agree. When I got my vette going, my neighbor got the bug and went out and got a new 2001 torch red coupe( :cool: :cool: ). Then like a week later a guy down the street got a white '86(nice driver), and about 2 weeks after that he got another blue '92 for his son(lucky SOB). Now Im trying to talk my dad into trading that boring Explorer for a C4 or C5...he doesn't need the explorer anymore...all his kiddies are grown(me and my sis have our own cars) and we have a pickup truck...Hes reluctant, but I think I can get him to fold by summer time. :jester

Actually a big reason I want him to get a C4 or preferably a C5...is so I can drive it. He's called me on it....what can I say? :blueangel:

Oh ya, and another fella down the road is hunting for a C3...we could have 6 vettes on our road before next christmas. and there are only like 15 houses down my road. WHAT HAVE I STARTED????

Daniel
Old 12-18-2001, 11:25 PM
73 LS-4
Melting Slicks

Yes it happens, There are 4 vettes within the first 5 houses on our street, 73,80,86, and a 94, so we have an early and late C3 and an early and late C4. Vettes are like a fraternity, I've gotten to the point where I know a good amount of vettes in the area and there owners.

:cheers:
Pat Kunz
Old 12-18-2001, 11:41 PM
Golden80
Race Director

Hello, :)
I've wanted a 68-72 Vette most if not all my life. So when the plan finally came together early this year. Needless to say I was ecstatic. However, I wouldn't have guessed that within a month's time. My Dad(1982 Silver/Maroon) and Brother(1972 Teal Green) would have joined the ranks of proud Vette owners. Well, my Dad was on a Vette hiatus since he sold his '78 silver anniversary. (That's a different story altogether) So I'm thinking... :conehead Is there some sort of chain reaction going on here? Will everyone in my neighborhood soon be sporting their own Vette? Inquiring minds would like to know? I can see the headlines in the grocery store check out lanes now. They say. " Vette fever takes over America......Possibly the World? :cheers:

Probably won't ever happen. I guess somebody's got to drive the beaters, ricers and four door sedans of the world. Not me....Not yet!!!!

:seeya
Same sort of thing happened in my neighborhood. When I was 16 I got my 64 1/2 Mustang. It's white with black interior. About a month later my neighbor up the street buys a brand-new, at the time, 96. White. With black interior. And he comes driving by my house and proceeds to tell me how his is so much faster than mine. I nod and smile and keep from getting mad.

His son wrecked it a few months later.

Well back on topic. I got my Vette in February of this year. My other neighbor down the street buys a brand new Mag Red for his wife. His wife was really nice and would ask me questions about mine while I was asking questions about hers.

Cars are very addictive. But the nice thing is that they don't cover your lungs in tar, kill your braincells, or kill your liver! From Mustangs (yes...I like Mustangs) to Corvettes to even Yugo's you can find people who love them.

Matt

Get notified of new replies

To Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!!

Quick Reply: Warning!!! Vette's may be addictive!!!!