C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Coolant leak

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2001, 05:28 PM
Chris Fowler
Team Owner

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cruise-In IV Veteran
St. Jude Donor '03-'10

Default Coolant leak

Discovered the source of my dissappearing coolant today. Well...not the exact source, but it's the first time I've seen physical evidence.

There's a drip (about every 2-3 seconds) from just in front of the oil pan. I cannot see the exact source, but I'm guessing water pump?

How hard is that to change out? (after I confirm that it's the culprit, of course)
Old 12-18-2001, 06:47 PM
Mack
Team Owner
Support Corvetteforum!

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Default Re: Coolant leak (Chris Fowler '80)

You probably oughta chase it down to be sure, but there ain't much to changing out a water pump.
Old 12-18-2001, 07:20 PM
Captain Morgan
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In III Veteran
Cruise-In IV Veteran
Cruise-In V Veteran
Default Re: Coolant leak (Chris Fowler '80)

Could also be the heater hose going to the water pump or even the heater hose on top of the manifold. My heater hose on top of the manifold had a very tiny split hidden underneath (at least until I got on it and finally blew a hole in it). I kept finding small drops of coolant on the floor but could never figure out where it was coming from (always a different area) until it was too late. I would definitely check/change the hoses if you haven't already. Check around the clamps, hoses can get cut if overtightened.

Get notified of new replies

To Coolant leak

Quick Reply: Coolant leak