C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

need some vacuum leak help guys

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 11:56 PM
KrAzYSnIpEr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default need some vacuum leak help guys

ok, here goes, last wed, i think, haha, my carb started acting up, float was bad in secondaries, anyways, 3 days to get the parts to rebuild and i get it on, now i have some serious vacuum leaks, all the ones on the carb are either plugged or used, so its not there, when i get up under the dash, i hear the hissing sound, checked the light hoses, they checked out, but my heater controls wont work...i plugged the line on the outside that goes into the lights through the firewall and it seemed to quit, and i have a small black line that goes across the firewall to the passenger side, it was broke off a tee that connected to a line from the manifold.

whats up with the heater controls, everything worked fine until i rebuilt the carb.

thanks for the help
Old 12-18-2001, 12:12 AM
wombvette
Le Mans Master

Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts

Default Re: need some vacuum leak help guys (KrAzYSnIpEr)

The heater controls are vacuum operated. You probably just broke a fitting but these controls are proned to leak vacuum. There is a plastic rivit that breaks on the control causing a leak, commonly causing an audible sound under the console. It can be repaired easily by replacing the plastic rivit with a pop rivit.
Old 12-18-2001, 10:42 AM
woodworkr
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Re: need some vacuum leak help guys (KrAzYSnIpEr)

Sniper......when you trace the hose that goes across the passengers side along the firewall, does it go into the wiper well at some point and then down the side between the firewall and fender? If so I believe there is a air mixer (I think it's called the heater contron valve) on the inside of the car behind the passengers side front kick panel. This opens and closes depending on if using heat or AC. Give that a try.
Just my .02
JoeB
Old 12-18-2001, 03:20 PM
KrAzYSnIpEr
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: need some vacuum leak help guys (woodworkr)

the controls are ok, and that control valve hasnt worked in a long time, i know which one you are talking about...its just like they arent getting any vaccum to the control switch so it can do its job...

Get notified of new replies

To need some vacuum leak help guys

Quick Reply: need some vacuum leak help guys