C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Redoing exhaust in north Dallas?

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 07:03 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Redoing exhaust in north Dallas?

Howdy. I really need to fix up my exhaust system. I'd like to put headers on, have an O2 sensor bung welded in, and then run exhaust out the back. Woo. At any rate, I'm willing to put the headers on myself but I can't run the pipe of course. Any places in North Dallas/Plano that will do a decent job at a decent price? Or, are there any good, mandrel-bent entire aftermarket exhausts that I could do myself? I'm willing to stick with the stock manifolds (minus the heat riser, damn that thing) if necessary or shorties that approximate the manifold... Anybody?

Jim
Old 12-18-2001, 11:17 AM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Redoing exhaust in north Dallas? (jimduchek)

AFAIK, there's only one place that will do a great job, and that's Nick's muffler in Plano. The guy does amazing work, but he's not cheap. He's not outragaously expensive, but no bargain. 972 447 9270.

Old 12-18-2001, 12:40 PM
jimduchek
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Redoing exhaust in north Dallas? (zwede)

I talked to Nick on the phone a few weeks back (I was recommended him by the Horsepower Store). He sounds very competent, and if I decide to stick with stock manifolds for the time being I'll probably have him weld in the O2 sensor bung, and if I get any pipe I can have him hang it. He did also say that he can't mandrel bend pipe, though, and I'd like a mandrel bent system... Did he run all your pipe, Zwede?

Jim

Old 12-18-2001, 02:17 PM
zwede
Race Director

Received 333 Likes on 255 Posts

Default Re: Redoing exhaust in north Dallas? (jimduchek)

Nick can't bend mandrel, but that doesn't mean he can't do mandrel systems. He has a bunch of bends in stock and just welds up a system from the pieces. It looks gorgeous when he's done.

He didn't do all of my system, but he made the X-pipe and cleaned up some of the bends/pipes.He basically did everything from the X-member and back.

Get notified of new replies

To Redoing exhaust in north Dallas?

Quick Reply: Redoing exhaust in north Dallas?