C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Her first ride on a flatbed

Old 12-17-2001, 05:20 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Her first ride on a flatbed

Well it wasn't pretty. First of all, she is ok(for all you thinking "not another one"). I just rebuilt my power steering and was giving her a shake down run. It ran like new, but started to develop a shake. :eek:

I pulled over and got out to check it out. I was down to two lug nuts holding on by literally a thread!!!!!! :cry

$40 later she is home with two lug nuts, 3 missing. (no one happens to have 3 old lug nuts laying around they wouldn't mind parting with do you?). I went to town to do some more job hunting and again got the ol' "we don't have any openings at this time, but.....". What a crap day.

The fact that I forgot to retorque the lugs when the tire was on the ground, clearly is the reason why the other 3 are laying on the side of the road somewhere between here and jacksonville(45 miles). So thats my first and hopefully last embarrasing story.

Now I've got to go explain to my parents that I have a $40 tow bill, and no money. :smash: I'll give them the ol' "its better then replacing a fender because the wheel went through it" story.

Maybe someone else here has a similar story to make me feel like not such a moron?

Daniel
Old 12-17-2001, 05:21 PM
daniel77350
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Her first ride on a flatbed (daniel77350)

oh and as for suffering, I was probably on the most busy road between Hattaras and wilmington NC, and apparently the mustangs where out in a force today, because they all seemed to drive by. I felt like I've put a bad mark on corvettes forever. :bb

Daniel
Old 12-17-2001, 05:26 PM
BSeery
Team Owner

Location: Exiled to Richmond, VA - Finally sold my house in Murfreesboro, TN ?? Corner of "Bumf*&k and 'You've got a purdy mouth'."
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
CI 6-7-8 Veteran
CI-VIII Burnout Champ
St. Jude Donor '06-'10, '13

Default Re: Her first ride on a flatbed (daniel77350)

Driving a '74 El Camino from Phoenix to Flagstaff, then on to the Grand Canyon for a 3 day weekend camping trip. Back of the truck is full of supplies and camping gear, motorcycle on the trailer.

Doing about 75 MPH when the car pulls hard left. I put the car into the center median (all grass) and try to keep it from crossing into oncoming trafic. Also wondering where the trailer and motorcycle are going to end up.

Get out, clean up the spilled pop everywhere and find the left front wheel up in side the wheel well!!

Front bearing locked up and twisted the end of the spindle off. The whole thing balled up inside the fender. And get this, no damage to the inner fender well or the fender either. No damage to the tire or wheel. Just a sheared off hub, hosed rotor, brake line, caliper and spindle.

35 mile flatbed ride in to Flagstaff and $600 dollars later we went back home.

The hell with camping after that!

Get notified of new replies

To Her first ride on a flatbed

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Her first ride on a flatbed