C3 Tech/Performance V8 Technical Info, Internal Engine, External Engine, Basic Tech and Maintenance for the C3 Corvette
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Carb help please...

Search this Thread

Old 12-17-2001, 05:10 PM
steelcities
Safety Car

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Default Carb help please...

Posted not too long ago about my carb. Sent an email to Edelbrock explaining the problem (fuel getting to the carb but not going through the carb). Email back says 'Take the top of the carb off and clean the needles and seat out. And set the floats to 7/16". Also make sure the float has not leaked.'

1)Never taken a carb apart--any reference websites or instructions? It's an Edelbrock performer 750 (#1407)
2)What the hell do the instructions mean?
3)Anyone want to come do it for me?

I am completely carb-ignorant. Is this easy to do? How? :cheers:
Old 12-17-2001, 05:33 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Re: Carb help please... (steelcities)

http://www.edelbrock.com/automotive/index.html

This is the link to the website instruction manual. This carb is very very simple to work on. Just need a phillips head screwdriver to take the top of the carb off. Be carefull lifting the top plate off you can bend the floats. Once off those two things hanging down are your floats. Measure how far the hang down and bend the tabs at the back to adjust hieght. Then flip top over and measure floats hanging the other way. Pretty simple. Also check your fuel bowls for dirt and debri. Clean them out. Put the top back on. Screw it down. Reconnect everything and your done. Hope this helps. :seeya
Old 12-17-2001, 05:39 PM
steelcities
Safety Car

Default Re: Carb help please... (ScubaJKD)

Helps immensely. Thanks. For the most part, I just wanted someone to tell me that it wasn't too difficult for a moron. :cheers:
Old 12-17-2001, 05:44 PM
steelcities
Safety Car

Scuba,
I checked out your website for the vette. Any completion date predictions? Awesome job, I am jealous as hell! You are building my dream machine. :cheers:
Old 12-17-2001, 06:12 PM
ScubaJKD
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hey buddy thanks for the compliment I can use the encouragement. I am estimating to be back on the road in Feb. Been a 1 year process. :smash:

You can tackle the carb heck if I can do it anyone can. Let me know if I can help. Just email me and we will get it done. :seeya
Old 12-17-2001, 07:03 PM
clem zahrobsky
Le Mans Master

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Cruise-In I Veteran
Cruise-In II Veteran

remove the fuel line from the carb and use about #25 air pressure to blow into the carb where you took of the fuel line. if the needles are stuck closed this should open them and you will not have to take the carb apart.

Get notified of new replies

To Carb help please...

Quick Reply: Carb help please...